Thread: One idea to motivate the Air Force's nuclear ranks: add a star

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

One idea to motivate the Air Force's nuclear ranks: add a star

WASHINGTON — At a time when budgets are shrinking and headquarters staffs are being pared back, the Air Force wants to upgrade Global Strike Command from a three-star to a four-star billet and add 1,100 people to the organization, the service announced last week.

Link to Stars & Stripes article: http://www.stripes.com/news/one-idea...-star-1.287522

I thought the military was trying to do a little bit of drawing-down. I guess 11 4-stars on the payroll are not enough. Anyone from AFGSC has some insight?
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    WASHINGTON — At a time when budgets are shrinking and headquarters staffs are being pared back, the Air Force wants to upgrade Global Strike Command from a three-star to a four-star billet and add 1,100 people to the organization, the service announced last week.

Link to Stars & Stripes article: http://www.stripes.com/news/one-idea...-star-1.287522

I thought the military was trying to do a little bit of drawing-down. I guess 11 4-stars on the payroll are not enough. Anyone from AFGSC has some insight?
    Yep, that the ticket...adding more overpaid, out-of-touch O's to an already bloated bureaucracy is sure to fix everything wrong in the nuke community. Where do they come up with these people?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, that'll work. NOT!
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just don't get it.

MTIs break the rules by having inappropriate relationships with basic trainees, some hazing....Court martials and prison sentences. Wide sweeping changes that now put your career in jeopardy if you cuss, creating an atmosphere of contempt and fear.

A group of officers caught doing drugs, cheating on nuclear tests, leaving blast doors open, falling asleep on the job and compromising the safety of our nuclear arsenal putting the entire world at risk....Pay raises, bonuses, new medals, extra stars, funding for MWR improvements.

How does this make sense?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikezulu1 View Post
    I just don't get it.

MTIs break the rules by having inappropriate relationships with basic trainees, some hazing....Court martials and prison sentences. Wide sweeping changes that now put your career in jeopardy if you cuss, creating an atmosphere of contempt and fear.

A group of officers caught doing drugs, cheating on nuclear tests, leaving blast doors open, falling asleep on the job and compromising the safety of our nuclear arsenal putting the entire world at risk....Pay raises, bonuses, new medals, extra stars, funding for MWR improvements.

How does this make sense?
    What do you expect when a Deserters service is characterized by the CINC and his National Security Advisor as Serving with Honor and Distinction.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waveshaper2 View Post
    What do you expect when a Deserters service is characterized by the CINC and his National Security Advisor as Serving with Honor and Distinction.
    Way to compare two completely unrelated things. You might as well have just said "How can I expect you to maintain the aircraft if you can't trim your mustache properly?"

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waveshaper2 View Post
    That press conference in the Rose Garden pissed me off too, I watched part of it live, but I did not hear Obama say Bergdahl's service was honorable or distinctive.

Did you?
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    That press conference in the Rose Garden pissed me off too, I watched part of it live, but I did not hear Obama say Bergdahl's service was honorable or distinctive.

Did you?
    Susan Rice said that on one of the Sunday talk shows.
    You don't know what you have done forgetting the F.
    -ske4za

One person shits their pants and everyone gets to wear a diaper.
    -Vrake

Girlfriends are better than wives
    -Tak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, the Rose Garden conference was a bit much. I do believe that when the National Security Advisor for the President of the USA is sent out on the Sunday news shows with, obvious talking points, then she speaks for the President. Not only did she do it once but she doubled down by saying it again on or about the time/date of D-Day.