Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Questions/Concerns/Issues with Forum upgrade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo77 View Post
    Hello, crickets?

PTB, be advised that if my posts are all going to be associated with advertisements, I must cease participation on the site.
    Only the first and last posts should have ads in them so the ads are not associated to the poster.

As said before, have to pay the rent.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Only the first and last posts should have ads in them so the ads are not associated to the poster.

As said before, have to pay the rent.
    @Rizzo77
    Yes, it affects everyone, so there is no reason people should associate the ads with you. Obviously, if you just made a post, that will be the last one on the page for a given thread, but it will go away once someone else posts.
    - ForumAdmin

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just out of curiosity - why are moderators allowed to publicly discuss bannings, but members are not?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Missing thread?

Curious about a thread that was here...then gone. Was it in the wrong area? Or is the question thread only for questions that don't question Mods?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    /thread merged

If you mean questions or discussion, then discuss away. If you mean using veiled profanity or just bashing the moderators, that is disruptive.

As I have said, if you have criticism please bring it up. But there is a difference between being critical and confrontational.
    Last edited by Mjölnir; 06-11-2014 at 02:03 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    /thread merged

If you mean questions or discussion, then discuss away. If you mean using veiled profanity or just bashing the moderators, that is disruptive.

As I have said, if you have criticism please bring it up. But there is a difference between being critical and confrontational.
    Ok...here is a critical question regarding a recent banning. How can one person be banned for comments that were made by three different people while the other two people making the same comments in the same conversation are not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Ok...here is a critical question regarding a recent banning. How can one person be banned for comments that were made by three different people while the other two people making the same comments in the same conversation are not?
    The person who was banned already had current infractions. The other two did not.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    The exact same thing happens in kindergartens every day. Why just this morning, I was out for a morning walk and passed by a Kindergarten school yard.

Little Billy, Johnny, and Tommy were calling Little James of the Sandbox a poopie-face; right on cue, the play ground supervisor ran over to the sandbox and made little Billy go inside.

Little James, bless his heart, was having none of that and started shouting they said poopie-face too! When the playground supervisor ignored little James, he became quite irate, he was stamping his feet, shouting "punish them too!" His face turned blue, snot was running down his nose, and then he pissed his pants.

I shouted, "way to go, Snot Nose James!" and ran away as the children started chanting in unison, " Snot nosed James! Snot nosed James!"
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The person who was banned already had current infractions. The other two did not.
    Okie dokie...

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    First off that's false - I didn't have "current" infractions - mine were all expired.

Secondly - why weren't the other offending posts at least deleted or edited?

Thirdly - my "infraction" was when I was accused of putting ads next to posts - that's not even related to being "offensive".
    Last edited by GeoDude; 06-11-2014 at 02:24 PM.