Thread: Losing title race

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Losing title race

For football, soccer, basketball or any other sport that has a title to win at the end of a season, would you rather your favorite team, come close but always choke when it counts, near the end of the season. OR would you rather a team just not be in contention cause they play average?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: Losing title race

Tough to say but I'm sure there's less disappointment when they're not in the race at all. No heart break to deal with. Kind of like Liverpool in the EPL this year. No one expected them to challenge for the title and then lose a heart breaker to Chelsea last week and then possible lose due to goal difference. Now Liverpool has to win its next 2 games while hoping for Manchester City to slip up and drop points via a draw or loss.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Its cause of the disappointment liverpool is having cause of their in town rivals potentially handing the title to man city cause of their loss sat, that's making it worse.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Having your team in contention for a title certainly raises expectations higher - which may make the loss more difficult to handle.

On the other hand, back in the 90's the Buffalo Bills went to 4 consecutive Super Bowls only to lose all 4. The joke was that you spelled Bills as BILLLLs. On the flip side, 26 teams watched the Super Bowl on TV.

I think I would rather have my team make it to the big game instead of being mediocre.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I would rather have my team be in contention...it makes the whole season more fun.