Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The SecDef is ON THE JOB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: The SecDef is ON THE JOB

Quote Originally Posted by AJBIGJ View Post
    Not exactly what I consider priority but whatever the Army wants...
    The Army already has the regulation it wants - that's why they published the change to AR 670-1 dated 31 MAR 2014. This is what the Congressional Black Caucus wants.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    The Army already has the regulation it wants - that's why they published the change to AR 670-1 dated 31 MAR 2014. This is what the Congressional Black Caucus wants.
    Fair enough, either way it's a giant "shrug" to me!
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I agree that it shouldn't need to be a SECDEF issue. How embarassing for the services that they have to be told this.

I do think that our "standards" of what we think looks "neat, clean and professional" are based off of social norms that are largely designed by white, christians.

Hagel's direction is short-sighted though...why keep a special out only for Black women? This is another opportunity to codify approval of sikhs wearing turban, for example, and see if we aren't institutionally disciminating against other groups with our standards....when's the last time you saw a Samoan with a 32" waist?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I say, "I am infinitely more qualified to be SECDEF than Mumbles Hagel" it is based on experience, education and training.
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    For example, what if all of the white males sitting on the board where Ashkenazi Jews and other white males who were capable of growing afros? Would you consider that to be a fair representation of white males?
    Are these the Jews who live in cliff-dwellings in Four Corners region of the southwest?

Oh, maybe I'm thinking of Anasazi.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Remember when all the guys on the Brady Bunch got curly perm afros?
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_KO View Post
    Remember when all the guys on the Brady Bunch got curly perm afros?
    My cousin Dave sported a "white guy with a fro" back in the day. The 70's was a strange time.
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo432 View Post
    My cousin Dave sported a "white guy with a fro" back in the day. The 70's was a strange time.
    This white guy had one in college (1980).
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"