Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MisterBen/ChiefAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

MisterBen/ChiefAD

Do not mean to thread jack but I been trying to get this message out and even tried to open a new thread and it does not take.

Admin/Moderator,
    Upon logging in with my normal Misterben account and changing my e-mail address, I was then never able to respond to posts and received this message
    MisterBen, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

This was about two weeks ago. I tried messaging everyone to fix this but no dice. Can someone fix??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Military Times Subscriber?

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefAD View Post
    Do not mean to thread jack but I been trying to get this message out and even tried to open a new thread and it does not take.

Admin/Moderator,
    Upon logging in with my normal Misterben account and changing my e-mail address, I was then never able to respond to posts and received this message
    MisterBen, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

This was about two weeks ago. I tried messaging everyone to fix this but no dice. Can someone fix??

I will look at it.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    I will look at it.
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will look at it.

Thank you. BTW, I even PMed you with Misterben, so I guess you never received it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you. BTW, I even PMed you with Misterben, so I guess you never received it.

No, I did not get it.

MisterBen is not banned, but did get changed to the group "Users needing moderation" (meaning your posts have to be approved.) I **think** it is because of the email address you have entered. Do you have an alternate email address you can put in there to see if that changes it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: MisterBen/ChiefAD

I tried reverting it to my original email (which was a yahoo). I switched it to an .edu email and that is when the issue started. I even created a Misterben2 with the original email but still had the same problem.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

the group "Users needing moderation" (meaning your posts have to be approved.)
    Double secret probation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    Double secret probation?
    Not exactly. That is where newly registered users go (new accounts etc.) Their posts have to be reviewed by a moderator before posting.

Users on double secret probation are categorized in "Svartalfheim", temporarily banned users are in "Jotunheim" and permanently banned users are in "Hel"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: MisterBen/ChiefAD

I tried reverting it to my original email (which was a yahoo). I switched it to an .edu email and that is when the issue started. I even created a Misterben2 with the original email but still had the same problem.
    It could be the multiple accounts coming from the same IP which I am seeing.

A while back multiple user acconts were prohibited.

hmmmmm; let me play around with the mod panel. If you see MisterBen as banned in the next hour or so that is me playing with your profile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not exactly. That is where newly registered users go (new accounts etc.) Their posts have to be reviewed by a moderator before posting.

Users on double secret probation are categorized in "Svartalfheim", temporarily banned users are in "Jotunheim" and permanently banned users are in "Hel"

Misterben still cannot post. Are the mods checking the approval posts on a regular basis?