Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice on how to deal with a douche bag

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Need advice on how to deal with a douche bag

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    If your real beef is the possibility of having to do group PT, and you had this much trouble explaining it to us, I question your ability to raise a coherent objection to leadership.

I encourage you to warm up to the possibility of doing group PT. If you are unable to do that and find that you must raise an objection, don't do it via email.

How gifted are you at persuading people verbally? If you aren't very talented with the spoken word either, seek the advice of someone else in your unit who has the ability to speak
    convincingly, and take them to go have a talk with your Chief.

The douche bag argument can't be used; instead, you'll need to come up with more compelling reasons.

Still, I think you need to become comfortable with the idea of doing group PT, it's fun and it is good for you, embrace it.
    Im guessing you are not a shift worker? Not every unit can do group pt and for most of us who actualy use arac gym its a huuuge waste of time. I work in a 10 to 12 man shop that works shift work. No way in jell do i want any part of 3 to 5 people group pt. The guy who sent this is a totalt douch for stirring up trouble...making everyone hate even more and al because two people scored an 85 on a p

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
    Im guessing you are not a shift worker? Not every unit can do group pt and for most of us who actualy use arac gym its a huuuge waste of time. I work in a 10 to 12 man shop that works shift work. No way in jell do i want any part of 3 to 5 people group pt. The guy who sent this is a totalt douch for stirring up trouble...making everyone hate even more and al because two people scored an 85 on a p

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The problem I have with this email is one person in leadership is threatening to make everyome do group pt because of it.. ..And im confused because the people in question scored an 85 om their practice pt test...which is not even failing.
    I can see where the author of the email is trying to get those who aren't over 90% to improve by forcing their peers to pressure them for improvement. The question comes down to "How much will group PT cost your Group in terms of money, time, and productivity?" Is it worth it taking time away from your mission duties to improve your practice scores when the scores are already passing?

Personally, I would acknowledge the email if asked about it but continue the PT as you're doing it as long as you're passing and don't pressure those who are below 90%. Excellence in All We Do is a value but not always an absolute value. It means doing your best and the purpose of practice is to work towards improvement.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Wrong Bucko! I worked shifts for the majority of my career and can attest that there is no better way to unwind after a swing or mid shift than to hit the gym with 3 to 5 coworkers for a little PT.

You'll sleep better and feel great! If you consider your workout to be a waste of time, then perhaps you should listen to the douche bag, and get some pointers on your workout routine.

I also suggest you look into taking a college class to improve your communication skills. That post is rife with errors, and you need to perfect your written communication skills so you can write emails of your own to influence leadership to see things your way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wrong Bucko! I worked shifts for the majority of my career and can attest that there is no better way to unwind after a swing or mid shift than to hit the gym with 3 to 5 coworkers for a little PT.

You'll sleep better and feel great! If you consider your workout to be a waste of time, then perhaps you should listen to the douche bag, and get some pointers on your workout routine.

I also suggest you look into taking a college class to improve your communication skills. That post is rife with errors, and you need to perfect your written communication skills so you can write emails of your own to influence leadership to see things your way.
    hahah, I'm typing this from my phone. It's okay...keeping doing your thing...giving the Air Force all your free time and energy. Sacrafice your family and enjoyment and when you retire...no one will even remember you existed. As for group pt....I go to the gym six days a week and score 95 or higher each time so yes sitting around a circle doing push-ups and sit ups is a huge waste of time when I can do that at work and actually utilize my time better lifting weights and actually doing a mans workout. My workout routine is fine, it's people like you who need others to get off your lazy ass and actually go to the gym on your own. Any more insults? By the way, I'm two classes away from my Masters. I work smarter, not harder. Would you like to work at 730am get off at 430pm, then work out from 1800-2000 for group pt? I mean if you have no family, life, friends, social life or common sense I'm sure you would right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hahah, I'm typing this from my phone. It's okay...keeping doing your thing...giving the Air Force all your free time and energy. Sacrafice your family and enjoyment and when you retire...no one will even remember you existed. As for group pt....I go to the gym six days a week and score 95 or higher each time so yes sitting around a circle doing push-ups and sit ups is a huge waste of time when I can do that at work and actually utilize my time better lifting weights and actually doing a mans workout. My workout routine is fine, it's people like you who need others to get off your lazy ass and actually go to the gym on your own. Any more insults? By the way, I'm two classes away from my Masters. I work smarter, not harder. Would you like to work at 730am get off at 430pm, then work out from 1800-2000 for group pt? I mean if you have no family, life, friends, social life or common sense I'm sure you would right?
    I understand. You are an average 9-5 guy here to do a job and collect a paycheck. That is the extent of your loyalty to our service. Think about this, group PT may not benefit you. However, it will likely benefit your below average peers that can't break a 90% (when 90% of the AF is scoring excellent).

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I'm happy to hear that you are so squared away; you had me a little worried, because those first two posts hardly gave the impression of a whip smart post-graduate student. It was your phone's fault that your posts were so incoherent, I'm glad you cleared that up for us.

I guess you were just posting that stuff about needing help to "deal with a douche bag" for laughs.

I am also relieved that you know how to do a "man's workout," because I was afraid that douche bag might have been picking on you.

It seems like you have the situation under control after all. Perhaps you were just looking for a sympathetic shoulder to cry on?

I can see why, with a grueling schedule of 0730 to 1630, who wouldn't feel like crying? When you said you were a shift worker, I guess you meant, "day shift worker."

Here is an idea, why don't you try convincing your duty section to do PT at little closer to the end of your shift, instead of waiting till 1800. You might even be able to convince them to lift weights once in a while instead of just doing sit-ups and push-ups between 1800 and 2000.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm happy to hear that you are so squared away; you had me a little worried, because those first two posts hardly gave the impression of a whip smart post-graduate student. It was your phone's fault that your posts were so incoherent, I'm glad you cleared that up for us.

I guess you were just posting that stuff about needing help to "deal with a douche bag" for laughs.

I am also relieved that you know how to do a "man's workout," because I was afraid that douche bag might have been picking on you.

It seems like you have the situation under control after all. Perhaps you were just looking for a sympathetic shoulder to cry on?

I can see why, with a grueling schedule of 0730 to 1630, who wouldn't feel like crying? When you said you were a shift worker, I guess you meant, "day shift worker."

Here is an idea, why don't you try convincing your duty section to do PT at little closer to the end of your shift, instead of waiting till 1800. You might even be able to convince them to lift weights once in a while instead of just doing sit-ups and push-ups between 1800 and 2000.

I you with?
    You are retired right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCO View Post
    I understand. You are an average 9-5 guy here to do a job and collect a paycheck. That is the extent of your loyalty to our service. Think about this, group PT may not benefit you. However, it will likely benefit your below average peers that can't break a 90% (when 90% of the AF is scoring excellent).
    I wish I was 9 To 5. I am sorry to break this to you but no one joins the military theae days to serve their country.