Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why was SJ Banned?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Why was SJ Banned?

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Banned? Wow...hopefully for embedding and not for content...

Oh...insults. You mean where he says that "one day" he may conclude that someone is "naive" and "gullible"? Yeah, those are pretty strong words.

edit again: cuz other than that, I can't find anything that resembles insults as stong as other users regularly get away with. I'd hope that you aren't banning based on your personal opinions about him excercising his freedom of speech.

But...I digress...the first rule of banning is that we aren't allowed to discuss banning.
    Ok, someone PLEASE tell me that THIS is not the post that got SJ banned....................P L E A S E............................

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Re: Taliban's terms for peace talks outlined @ "University of Jihad", Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Ok, someone PLEASE tell me that THIS is not the post that got SJ banned....................P L E A S E............................
    I hope not, SJ is my little buddy, despite the fact that he and I always squabble. I think I just might be forced to show solidarity with SJ on this one. Unfortunately, I will be unable to show solidarity for a period exceeding for hours, because I'm supposed to call a doctor at that point.

Also, I wasn't insulted by anything our Scottish friend said.

However, I'm much more upset over SJ being banned, if he has a flaw, it is caring too much, and I think that is what makes him so lovable.

Still, a forum without a moderator is like a foot without a big toe, and I think we owe a big round of applause to our buddy and big toe, Molly-Jol-Nar (The guy who likes all that Viking crap).

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I hope not, SJ is my little buddy, despite the fact that he and I always squabble. I think I just might be forced to show solidarity with SJ on this one. Unfortunately, I will be unable to show solidarity for a period exceeding for hours, because I'm supposed to call a doctor at that point.

However, I'm much more upset over SJ being banned, if he has a flaw, it is caring too much, and I think that is what makes him so lovable.

Still, a forum without a moderator is like a foot without a big toe, and I think we owe a big round of applause to our buddy and big toe, Molly-Jol-Nar (The guy who likes all that Viking crap).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The first rule of ban club is we don't talk about ban club!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The first rule of ban club is we don't talk about ban club!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    I am in full agreement with you. I have squabbled with him in the past as well, but I still find his posts to be insightful. Why did he get banned? You see this is what we (users) are talking about where we bitch about the broad strokes of the usage of banning by the moderators. No wonder no one new comes in here anymore, you guys have basically regulated this forum out existence. Then you wonder why the amount of people coming here suddenly dropped off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am in full agreement with you. I have squabbled with him in the past as well, but I still find his posts to be insightful. Why did he get banned? You see this is what we (users) are talking about where we bitch about the broad strokes of the usage of banning by the moderators. No wonder no one new comes in here anymore, you guys have basically regulated this forum out existence. Then you wonder why the amount of people coming here suddenly dropped off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Why was SJ Banned?

The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    When I was a kid I knew someone who lost a big toe (kid vs. train.....kid loses). He walked fine and other than not being able to play This Little Piggy seemed to do well in life.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

When I was a kid I knew someone who lost a big toe (kid vs. train.....kid loses). He walked fine and other than not being able to play This Little Piggy seemed to do well in life.
    Wouldn't it be ironic if you got banned for being off-topic in a thread about SJ being banned, when it is taboo to discuss being banned?

Hmmm, maybe that isn't irony, maybe it is just confusing?