Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parking in handi cap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Parking in handi cap

Pull into a parking lot, looking for a space. Young person parks in handicap, and jogs into the store ( but not in a way you'd think they're grabbing something for the handicap person.)
    If I see an old couple, but no handicap, I look the other way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: Parking in handi cap

Their seat in Hell is waiting............next to the older couple. It's about mobility, not age.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Their seat in Hell is waiting............next to the older couple. It's about mobility, not age.
    Roger that, karma is a cruel b!tch!
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

You'd send grandma and grandpa to hell for parking in the wrong space? That eternal lake of fire where there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth?

Kind of harsh, no?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    You'd send grandma and grandpa to hell for parking in the wrong space? That eternal lake of fire where there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth?

Kind of harsh, no?
    We all engage in hyperbole from time to time. My message remains unchanged though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Grandma who can barely walk? Nope she can park where she wants. Young punk using grandma's car? WALK! And be glad you CAN do it. Some of us limp or roll.
    Even seen them with the Purple Heart plate. What's with that?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I saw a suburban with Handicap plates park in a movie theater handicap spot. Out comes an adult female and four young teens, all who walked briskly into the theater so they wouldn't miss the show.

I guess the parking spot is for the vehicle with the plate, rather than the handicap owner (obviously was not the driver)? Nice example to set for the kids!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spirit_eyes View Post
    Grandma who can barely walk? Nope she can park where she wants. Young punk using grandma's car? WALK! And be glad you CAN do it. Some of us limp or roll.
    Even seen them with the Purple Heart plate. What's with that?

See, if Grandma can hardly walk that is called a mobility issue..............................please note first part of my signature.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    I saw a suburban with Handicap plates park in a movie theater handicap spot. Out comes an adult female and four young teens, all who walked briskly into the theater so they wouldn't miss the show.

I guess the parking spot is for the vehicle with the plate, rather than the handicap owner (obviously was not the driver)? Nice example to set for the kids!
    If I won the lottery I would pay someone (or multiple someones) to go from parking lot to parking lot, videotaping asshats who misuse handicap spaces and post the video on a website entitled "Douche of the Day". It would include details of time, place and license plate.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post

That;s been my argument against the plates being assigned to the car, rather than the person who IS handicapped.
    Too often i see those who are NOT handicapped (or not in a seeable way), use the spot just cause they can.

If I won the lottery I would pay someone (or multiple someones) to go from parking lot to parking lot, videotaping asshats who misuse handicap spaces and post the video on a website entitled "Douche of the Day". It would include details of time, place and license plate.
    Good idea. I would join you!