Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 93

Thread: Parking in handi cap

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    maine
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Parking in handi cap

    Pull into a parking lot, looking for a space. Young person parks in handicap, and jogs into the store ( but not in a way you'd think they're grabbing something for the handicap person.)
    If I see an old couple, but no handicap, I look the other way.

  2. #2
    Senior Member TJMAC77SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Parking in handi cap

    Their seat in Hell is waiting............next to the older couple. It's about mobility, not age.
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

  3. #3
    Senior Member Gonzo432's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Crossroads of America
    Posts
    456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Parking in handi cap

    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Their seat in Hell is waiting............next to the older couple. It's about mobility, not age.
    Roger that, karma is a cruel b!tch!
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

  4. #4
    Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    3,669
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Re: Parking in handi cap

    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Their seat in Hell is waiting............next to the older couple. It's about mobility, not age.
    You'd send grandma and grandpa to hell for parking in the wrong space? That eternal lake of fire where there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth?

    Kind of harsh, no?

  5. #5
    Senior Member TJMAC77SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Parking in handi cap

    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    You'd send grandma and grandpa to hell for parking in the wrong space? That eternal lake of fire where there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth?

    Kind of harsh, no?
    We all engage in hyperbole from time to time. My message remains unchanged though
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    maine
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Parking in handi cap

    Grandma who can barely walk? Nope she can park where she wants. Young punk using grandma's car? WALK! And be glad you CAN do it. Some of us limp or roll.
    Even seen them with the Purple Heart plate. What's with that?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    851
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Parking in handi cap

    I saw a suburban with Handicap plates park in a movie theater handicap spot. Out comes an adult female and four young teens, all who walked briskly into the theater so they wouldn't miss the show.

    I guess the parking spot is for the vehicle with the plate, rather than the handicap owner (obviously was not the driver)? Nice example to set for the kids!

  8. #8
    Senior Member TJMAC77SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Parking in handi cap

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit_eyes View Post
    Grandma who can barely walk? Nope she can park where she wants. Young punk using grandma's car? WALK! And be glad you CAN do it. Some of us limp or roll.
    Even seen them with the Purple Heart plate. What's with that?

    See, if Grandma can hardly walk that is called a mobility issue..............................please note first part of my signature.
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

  9. #9
    Senior Member TJMAC77SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Parking in handi cap

    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    I saw a suburban with Handicap plates park in a movie theater handicap spot. Out comes an adult female and four young teens, all who walked briskly into the theater so they wouldn't miss the show.

    I guess the parking spot is for the vehicle with the plate, rather than the handicap owner (obviously was not the driver)? Nice example to set for the kids!
    If I won the lottery I would pay someone (or multiple someones) to go from parking lot to parking lot, videotaping asshats who misuse handicap spaces and post the video on a website entitled "Douche of the Day". It would include details of time, place and license plate.
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,299
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: Parking in handi cap

    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    I saw a suburban with Handicap plates park in a movie theater handicap spot. Out comes an adult female and four young teens, all who walked briskly into the theater so they wouldn't miss the show.

    I guess the parking spot is for the vehicle with the plate, rather than the handicap owner (obviously was not the driver)? Nice example to set for the kids!
    That;s been my argument against the plates being assigned to the car, rather than the person who IS handicapped.
    Too often i see those who are NOT handicapped (or not in a seeable way), use the spot just cause they can.

    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    If I won the lottery I would pay someone (or multiple someones) to go from parking lot to parking lot, videotaping asshats who misuse handicap spaces and post the video on a website entitled "Douche of the Day". It would include details of time, place and license plate.
    Good idea. I would join you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •