Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowardice on the Rise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cowardice on the Rise

I got no patience for cowards. What happened to talking to the person you have a problem with rather than jumping 4 people in your chain to make a complaint? Funny part is, the complaint is about "professionalism" and the coward in question does this kind of s***...SMH. I got too much time left to deal with this kind of s***. Anyone have stories they care to share?
    “To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.” - Unknown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Cowardice on the Rise

A lot of it has been enabled by bleeding heart CCs with open door policies. They cater to and coddle Airmen, that when/once they don't get their way, they run to the CC crying. Before the CC gets the "rest of the story" he/she sets out on a vendetta to right the wrong...it happens much too often in today's AF...we've gone soft.

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BUDJR8 View Post
    A lot of it has been enabled by bleeding heart CCs with open door policies. They cater to and coddle Airmen, that when/once they don't get their way, they run to the CC crying. Before the CC gets the "rest of the story" he/she sets out on a vendetta to right the wrong...it happens much too often in today's AF...we've gone soft.
    Think you are spot on unfortunately. Seeing it going on daily and it takes great restraint to not call Bullshit and say the blatant obvious behavior is a foul. The sad part is that then YOU would be in the wrong. It's one thing to have an open door policy but there are chains for a reason. There is not resiliency in the younger troops at times..immediate gratification is sought. Luckily I have a Forum to vent on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
    Think you are spot on unfortunately. Seeing it going on daily and it takes great restraint to not call Bullshit and say the blatant obvious behavior is a foul. The sad part is that then YOU would be in the wrong. It's one thing to have an open door policy but there are chains for a reason. There is not resiliency in the younger troops at times..immediate gratification is sought. Luckily I have a Forum to vent on!
    Thanks. Also, you make a great point. When SNCOs approach the CC and bring it up now all of a sudden we have an "attitude problem". Another thing that chaps my hide is when CCs get a hard one for one or two particular Airmen...every unit has one or two "perfect" Airmen. It makes it extremely difficult, because CC will buy anything and everything they are selling. Then the Airmen walk around like king of the jungle...then they overstep, get popped, cry to CC and the cycle repeats...it's really sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another thing that chaps my hide is when CCs get a hard one for one or two particular Airmen...every unit has one or two "perfect" Airmen. It makes it extremely difficult, because CC will buy anything and everything they are selling. Then the Airmen walk around like king of the jungle...then they overstep, get popped, cry to CC and the cycle repeats...it's really sad.
    Yes. Absolutely.

It was great to see a female A1C - of the variety you described - get destroyed by a TSgt who I swear was borne from a pile of rusted nails and sawdust. During an exercise she came by our staging area as part her team's visit; she came into the common area where we were watching a movie and said to the TSgt, "Hey dude I need you to come outside with me and do this UXO scenario."

About a minute later she was in tears running out the door. An hour later, he was gone to see the night shift OIC. I learned some time later that he was threatened with paperwork by the CC but the TSgt won that battle.

She continued to be a little prissy princess and I had my own run-in with her before I PCS'd.

I really do hate people like that AND those who cater to them. It brings down morale.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    Yes. Absolutely.

It was great to see a female A1C - of the variety you described - get destroyed by a TSgt who I swear was borne from a pile of rusted nails and sawdust. During an exercise she came by our staging area as part her team's visit; she came into the common area where we were watching a movie and said to the TSgt, "Hey dude I need you to come outside with me and do this UXO scenario."
    About a minute later she was in tears running out the door. An hour later, he was gone to see the night shift OIC. I learned some time later that he was threatened with paperwork by the CC but the TSgt won that battle.

She continued to be a little prissy princess and I had my own run-in with her before I PCS'd.

I really do hate people like that AND those who cater to them. It brings down morale.
    TSgt should have told her to look for his "unexploded ordinance".
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. Also, you make a great point. When SNCOs approach the CC and bring it up now all of a sudden we have an "attitude problem". Another thing that chaps my hide is when CCs get a hard one for one or two particular Airmen...every unit has one or two "perfect" Airmen. It makes it extremely difficult, because CC will buy anything and everything they are selling. Then the Airmen walk around like king of the jungle...then they overstep, get popped, cry to CC and the cycle repeats...it's really sad.
    I gotta say...your attitude kinda sucks.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    I gotta say...your attitude kinda sucks.
    Your minivan and your polkadotted umbrella suck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yet another reason why I'm glad I did my commander stint on G-series orders in an actual war zone, versus home station. I wouldn't have the patience to deal with the daily BS that happens in garrison, and would've probably ended up with several IG complaints against me, lol...