Thread: Missing Malasian flight

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Missing Malasian flight

Wow. We are into a 2nd week searching for this and ideas of what/where/why seem to be all over the place with nothing concrete.

One thing that has bothered me though, is not one news source has mentioned WHOM is picking up the tab for all these searching ships/helos/planes? Is that a burden the airline takes, or is that something 'fauned' off on us tax payers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Missing Malasian flight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not suprising they haven't found anything, the plane might not be where they are looking. The news this morning said that the aircraft was still broadcasting to the Boeing systems by satellite for 3 hours after last radio contact.

The reality is, they may never find it. Back in the 90s a C141 did a head-on with a german plane off the coast of africa...all they found was some bits of wing, a seat cushion, and one body (of 28 or 29).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Either it took a 700 kt nosedive somewhere in the Pacific, or there are a buttload of Chinese Ex-Patriates, not really sure which!
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

More speculating/curiosity ; If it went in a northerly direction (overland) - I wonder if there are any remote dry salt flats/dry lake beds "suitable for landing large aircraft" located within Flt 370s maximum anticipated range? Particularly in or near Xinjiang province, China.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Very possible they are all alive on a very strange, mysterious, island...one that doesn't show up on radar or maps because of it's magnetic properties. They should make a TV show about it. That would be the most awesome show ever.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I've been following this story very closely from the beginning and I don't really know what to think.

I do believe they are finally narrowing in on the crash site, but as far as what happened after the transponder went out, it is truly a mystery.

If one believes the current estimation of the aircraft's track after the transponder went out, then it is hard not to conclude that it was a deliberate act to stray from the intended route and then fly around Indonesian airspace to presumably avoid detection.

However, I think the current estimation on the track is unreliable, and that the theory that the cabin lost pressure and the crew and passengers succumbed to hypoxia could be credible.

I'm not putting my money on either theory just yet, and will have to wait until the flight data recorder and cockpit voice recorder are recovered.

I also think that CNN's coverage of MH370 has been excellent, they have been covering every angle and even have been analyzing their own coverage of the story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a twisted Islamic version of D.B. Cooper. Also, they need to keep the Chinese ships away from the area where they found the Pings because every Chinese ship in the search area has a couple Pings onboard. The Chinese have more Pings involved in finding Flight 370 than a black box can transmit during its operational battery life and their presence will just add to the confusion about who found what, particular when reports are translated in broken English..