Thread: Bible passages that inspire you the most.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bible passages that inspire you the most.

Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

and

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Re: Bible passages that inspire you the most.

Matthew 10:34-37 (New International Version)

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— 36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’ 37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 Thessalonians 3:13 (New International Version (NIV))

"And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good."
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

John 5:44

"How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Psalm 82 3-4

Defend the weak and the fatherless;
    uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.
    Rescue the weak and the needy;
    deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Luke 15:11-32. The parable of the prodigal son.
    Luke 15:3-7. The parable of the lost sheep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful and wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness. They know the truth about God because He has made it obvious to them. For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see His invisible qualities - His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship Him as God or even give Him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles. So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their heart desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies. They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen." Romans 1:18-25

"For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the cleverness of the clever I will set aside." Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?" 1 Corinthians 1:18-20

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take." Proverbs 3:5-6

"Fear of the Lord is the foundation of wisdom. Knowledge of the Holy One results in good judgement." Proverbs 9:10

"Don't give fools a foolish answer, or you will be just like them. But answer fools as they should be answered, or they will think they are really wise." Proverbs 26:4-5 (NCV)

"Don't answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are. Be sure to answer the foolish arguments of fools, or they will become wise in their own estimation." Proverbs 26:4-5 (NLT)
    [B]SSgt Mike / USMC[/B]

"Your mission in life, should you choose to accept it or not, in which this case you don't have a choice..." -SSgt Mike.

"Don't give fools a foolish answer, or you will be just like them. But answer fools as they should be answered, or they will think they are really wise." Proverbs 26:4-5.

Very good messege

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beingchinmay View Post
    Very good messege
    This IP resolved to an overseas SPAM hub. That is the reason for the ban.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.