Thread: Gay Couples at Awards Ceremonies

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Re: Gay Couples at Awards Ceremonies

:yawn :deadhorse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Gay Couples at Awards Ceremonies

Not at a conference, but in the general public on base. I ran into a gay couple at the exchange in the liquor section. Based upon the civilian attire and age of the service-member , I would have wagered he was at least a Company Grade Officer. His partner was the stereotypical gay guy: In dress, slight lisp, high pitched voice, limp wrist, walk, etc.,. I thought for a moment maybe the gay guy was a relative, but at the check-out counter, I noticed the matching wedding bands. I completed my purchase, and left the store. No stopping, no gawking, just an indifference to the matter - On the surface, anyway. In all actuality, I was surprised.

I remember thinking to myself, "Well, it's not limited to the States, anymore - it's overseas as well."
    [B]SSgt Mike / USMC[/B]

"Your mission in life, should you choose to accept it or not, in which this case you don't have a choice..." -SSgt Mike.

"Don't give fools a foolish answer, or you will be just like them. But answer fools as they should be answered, or they will think they are really wise." Proverbs 26:4-5.