Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This irritates me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This irritates me

My neighbors daughter made it through three weeks of Army Basic training before she got in trouble for not following the rules and whatever. She is always posting on FB that she is a Vet. She talks about her memories while she served. She talks about how people who never served don't get it.

Three weeks does not a vet make.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Insert clever quote here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: This irritates me

Quote Originally Posted by Shaken1976 View Post
    My neighbors daughter made it through three weeks of Army Basic training before she got in trouble for not following the rules and whatever. She is always posting on FB that she is a Vet. She talks about her memories while she served. She talks about how people who never served don't get it.

Three weeks does not a vet make.
    Actually 3 weeks makes her a failure at life. Who can't pass Army Basic?
    “To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.” - Unknown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd call her out on her page. 3 weeks makes her nothing in the eyes of the military/government/etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think the more important question here: You're Facebook friends with your neighbor's daughter???? :confused2:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wxjumper View Post
    I think the more important question here: You're Facebook friends with your neighbor's daughter???? :confused2:
    Before she joined she babysat for me. Also...she is 24. And I am a female so it isn't creepy stalkerish.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denmom View Post
    I'd call her out on her page. 3 weeks makes her nothing in the eyes of the military/government/etc.
    There were about 10 people who called her out before I ever saw the comment. It was pretty epic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My first roommate, partner in crime and friend to this day just changed his profile pic to his basic training photo and does some vet type stuff. He was kicked out 24 years ago as an A1C for being overweight. I don't know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaken1976 View Post
    There were about 10 people who called her out before I ever saw the comment. It was pretty epic.
    And you're not sharing those post here.:sorrow:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well shit at least she did SOMETHING...I'll tell you what I mean.

Long ago I'd read posts from the Army page I think it's called "Awesome shit my Drill Sergeant Said"...something like that. Well anyway forgot the topic but Army/AF got into a pissing contest on the page which was all good until some started disparaging AF dead from our wars. Anyway one guy starts posting about the Chair Force/Air Farce/Whatever and come to find out he's still in the DEP. Fool hadn't even SHIPPED to Army basic. I called him and others out before clicking "Unlike" and moving on.

So that fool did basic but I'd consider his crime way worse........
    Formerly Enigmatic Airman...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was talking with a Flt Sgt from the UK two years ago about this sort of thing. There really is so much hero/victim worship when it comes to the military in the US. A multitude of holidays revolve around veterans, even ones that don't relate directly to being a veteran (like the 4th of July). It's lead to a lot of phonies, and dropouts, and short-timers who like to claim they saw and did a lot more than they can really take credit for. The public even encourages it: special deals, discounts, appreciation days, and so forth.

They don't do that sort of thing in the UK and their military doesn't really mind. It's just their job, the career they've chosen. And that's it.