Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Idiots at the gym.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Idiots at the gym.

(From my Facebook)

Gym etiquette in the style of Jeff Foxworthy:

If you wear a cut-off t-shirt and neglect to wipe your sweat off of the equipment, you might be a douchebag.

If you use the common gym area to do Crossfit style workouts (ie jumping from machine to machine) while the gym is busy, you might be a douchebag.

If you stand in front of the mirror next to the dumbbell racks and play "air drums" while standing in other people's way, you might be a douchebag.

If you use multiple plates, dumbells, and bars and neglect to re-rack or replace them, causing people to trip over your mess, then you're most definitely a douchebag.

All above were in reference to two guys working out together at the gym today. For that, I support 78th trimester abortion.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Idiots at the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by jshiver15 View Post
    (From my Facebook)

If you wear a cut-off t-shirt and neglect to wipe your sweat off of the equipment, you might be a douchebag.

If you use the common gym area to do Crossfit style workouts (ie jumping from machine to machine) while the gym is busy, you might be a douchebag.

If you stand in front of the mirror next to the dumbbell racks and play "air drums" while standing in other people's way, you might be a douchebag.

If you use multiple plates, dumbells, and bars and neglect to re-rack or replace them, causing people to trip over your mess, then you're most definitely a douchebag.

All above were in reference to two guys working out together at the gym today. For that, I support 78th trimester abortion.

Well done. You forgot to add, if you wear a children's smedium under armor shirt and scream while working out so everybody sees how much weight your lifting, you might be. Douchebag.

(The smedium isn't a typo)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    Well done. You forgot to add, if you wear a children's smedium under armor shirt and scream while working out so everybody sees how much weight your lifting, you might be. Douchebag.

(The smedium isn't a typo)
    I always love the smedium reference. In fact, I could probably point out a dozen dudes over 200lbs that were wearing shirts barely long enough to reach their waist line. Gotta love Army gyms (not that AF members aren't guilty of the same thing).
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

(From my Facebook)

If you're doing circuit training and tying up more than one machine while others are waiting to use them you're a douche bag.

If you're sitting at a machine not using it and won't move when asked because you're talking to your buddy then you're a douche bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LogDog_guest View Post
    If you're doing circuit training and tying up more than one machine while others are waiting to use them you're a douche bag.

If you're sitting at a machine not using it and won't move when asked because you're talking to your buddy then you're a douche bag.

This is a picture I took at the gym on Thursday. I came in around 9:30am and the gym was full of spouses doing their classes and whatnot. This woman was sitting there (in the black) when I came in with a pair of 10lb dumbells sitting in her lap. I took this picture at approximately 11:00am and she was still sitting there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

(From my Facebook)

If you're dropping the weights to the point where they bounce, let alone cause excessive noise, douchebag.

If you're using the squat rack while doing curls, douchebag.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If you're dropping the weights to the point where they bounce, let alone cause excessive noise, douchebag.

If you're using the squat rack while doing curls, douchebag.
    My son goes to PlanetFitness and told me they have some kind of bell or alarm that they sound when tools do that (drop the weights).

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you're wearing your AF PT gear 3 sizes too big you're a douche bag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    My son goes to PlanetFitness and told me they have some kind of bell or alarm that they sound when tools do that (drop the weights).
    They have what's called a "lunk" alarm, so if you drop the weights or grunt too loud an alarm is sounded and you're warned or kicked out after enough infractions. I think it's a bit excessive . . especially considering the same gym sponsors pizza parties. Seems pretty counter-intuitive.

Granted, nobody likes someone who excessively slams weights or grunts, either. To each their own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They have what's called a "lunk" alarm, so if you drop the weights or grunt too loud an alarm is sounded and you're warned or kicked out after enough infractions. I think it's a bit excessive . . especially considering the same gym sponsors pizza parties. Seems pretty counter-intuitive.

Granted, nobody likes someone who excessively slams weights or grunts, either. To each their own.
    I think it's a great idea. I also like pizza. Work hard enough to eat a few slices. Then work out till you vomit. That way it's not an eating disorder it's a workout routine.