Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Reclama

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Debt Star
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Reclama

    Quote Originally Posted by youngsmsgt View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of a reclama being approved because the unit cannot afford to lose the person? Unit is claiming mission would suffer if they let the SNCO deploy. Said unit is 100% manned. They have had their issues but hey craters of crappy management shouldn't justify them not sending someone down range to do their job during their AEF band.

    I was a UDM at a unit that pulled it off multiple times. On the E side, if you were an E-6 or below, you could pretty much forget about it. Some E-7s weren't hands off, but at least half appeared to be. I worked there while one Chief wasn't hands off, but his replacement with the strong personality and hot opinions was not going to deploy anywhere.

    On the Officer side of things, they put in reclamas for every O-4 and above while I was on the job. Captains and LTs were pretty much told to suck it.

    I assumed reclamas were way difficult to pull off before I was a UDM there for a while. Turned out I was wrong.

    It was all pretty laughable, but that's just the way they rolled back then.

  2. #22
    Senior Member technomage1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Beyond the Rim
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Reclama

    Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    If it was someone in MPF or finance I could understand it...but no other career fields should be trying to reclama.
    That's a trick, there are no people left in finance or MPF as it is. They've all been amalgamated into a call center/website.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    JBSA
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Reclama

    Sadly said SNCO is new to the unit. In the process of fixing a broken flight. They want to go but they have a hot headed Captain America Flight CC. Thus the SNCO is beating his head 60 days out going this is stupid let me go. Oh well another reason the AF is a joke.

  4. #24
    Senior Member VCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    worldwide
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Reclama

    Quote Originally Posted by youngsmsgt View Post
    Sadly said SNCO is new to the unit. In the process of fixing a broken flight. They want to go but they have a hot headed Captain America Flight CC. Thus the SNCO is beating his head 60 days out going this is stupid let me go. Oh well another reason the AF is a joke.
    This bothers me considering you claim to be one of the top 2% of the enlisted force. I seriously hope you aren't in a supervisory position.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    3,669
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Re: Reclama

    Quote Originally Posted by youngsmsgt View Post
    Sadly said SNCO is new to the unit. In the process of fixing a broken flight. They want to go but they have a hot headed Captain America Flight CC. Thus the SNCO is beating his head 60 days out going this is stupid let me go. Oh well another reason the AF is a joke.
    How about fixing your broken-assed-prose, before you start talking shit about your hot headed Captain America.

  6. #26
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Reclama

    Quote Originally Posted by VCO View Post
    This bothers me considering you claim to be one of the top 2% of the enlisted force. I seriously hope you aren't in a supervisory position.
    If only there was a way to ensure this type of person didn't end up in that sort of position.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    3,669
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Re: Reclama

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    If only there was a way to ensure this type of person didn't end up in that sort of position.
    Ultimately there isn't, because knuckle heads will always slip through. That is why it is better to focus on developing your own skills to prepare yourself for that inevitable bad boss.

    Of course you could just be a whiny crybaby and moan about the system being bad. That seems to be a popular option amongst people who struggle with the PT test.

    I even know one guy who was scheduled for a PT test a month before his terminal leave started an he pitched a big fit and was threatening to go to the IG.

    He could have just taken the test, but he preferred the drama that his crying and pouting created.

  8. #28
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Reclama

    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Ultimately there isn't, because knuckle heads will always slip through. That is why it is better to focus on developing your own skills to prepare yourself for that inevitable bad boss.

    Of course you could just be a whiny crybaby and moan about the system being bad. That seems to be a popular option amongst people who struggle with the PT test.

    I even know one guy who was scheduled for a PT test a month before his terminal leave started an he pitched a big fit and was threatening to go to the IG.

    He could have just taken the test, but he preferred the drama that his crying and pouting created.
    What's your deal with the PT test?

    Oh, and if you are within 45 days of terminal, you are not required to take the test. Actually, the AFI was changed to state that you WILL not take the test, as of 1 Jan 2013. Though leadership loves to make threats, even though they know they are going against AFIs. The IG would be the right move in that situation. What else should you do when you are given an illegal order?

    If command can't be expected to follow the regs then who can? If people don't keep them in check they will continue to abuse their power.

  9. #29
    Senior Member wxjumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tehran
    Posts
    372
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Reclama

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    What's your deal with the PT test?
    I discovered in a conversation with him a while ago that he loves the PT test because he is a small petite male and therefore scores high on it. He likes to defend it as a true test in ones fitness, job performance, and ability to lead. He rejects the notion that the PT test is really not a fitness test at all, but a "who looks good in uniform" test.

  10. #30
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Reclama

    Quote Originally Posted by wxjumper View Post
    I discovered in a conversation with him a while ago that he loves the PT test because he is a small petite male and therefore scores high on it. He likes to defend it as a true test in ones fitness, job performance, and ability to lead. He rejects the notion that the PT test is really not a fitness test at all, but a "who looks good in uniform" test.
    I was just curious because no part of the conversation, or entire thread, had anything to do with the PT test.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •