Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Friday morale shirts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Friday morale shirts

Quote Originally Posted by jshiver15 View Post
    While I'm pretty sure the guy was a SERE instructor, it isn't too uncommon to see weather jumpers around the KMC. I don't know how many are in the squadron, but the 21st OWS is at Kapaun. We had a handful at Hickam when I was there and quite a few in my squadron now.
    Nobody at the 21st at Kapaun, or at NATO staff weather, AOC, and the weather flight at the 86th OSS on Ramstein wears the Grey Beret. You can only wear the beret if you are an active jumper in a J Coded billet. When I was at the 21st I had to wear the patrol cap just like the rest of the Legs, even though I just came from a jumping assignment. I don't think there is a J-Coded weather position anywhere in the KMC area. So the only ones you would see would be the one there TDY or transiting through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wxjumper View Post
    Nobody at the 21st or the weather flight in the 86th OSS on Ramstein wears the Grey Beret. You can only wear the beret if you are an active jumper in a J Coded billet. When I was at the 21st I had to wear the patrol cap just like the rest of the Legs, even though I just came from a jumping assignment. I don't think there is a J-Coded weather position anywhere in the KMC area.
    Good point, I really didn't think about that. I think for a bit they were allowing the instructors to wear theirs at Keesler (maybe to serve as motivation for ISC students?). And I think the closest J-Coded weather slots are in Italy. Not sure if there are any in Germany.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jshiver15 View Post
    Good point, I really didn't think about that. I think for a bit they were allowing the instructors to wear theirs at Keesler (maybe to serve as motivation for ISC students?). And I think the closest J-Coded weather slots are in Italy. Not sure if there are any in Germany.
    You are correct, in certain situations exceptions can be made for jumpers no longer in a J-Coded billet to wear the beret, especially at schools where it can be used as a recruiting device. The closet jump billets you will see near Ramstein is at Stuttgart at SOCAF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    the entire morale t shirt thing is retarded, how in the hell does wearing a different color shirt on Fridays help morale? If i can wear a bright red shirt on friday (which is the color of our morale shirts) why can't I wear it the rest of the week, why not NO HAT Mondays, No shaving Tuesdays, No Boots Wed, no Pants thursday...whats the point...oh right the point is to distract us from how shity everything is, the weak minded sheep are now concentrating on Tshirt colors and best design contests
    ^This.

This gay-ness just hit my unit/base. What I find more amazing is how some people are happy about it. Thank god it isn't mandatory. I'd have to take leave every Friday until I was out of leave because of this non-sense. I'm sure that those who don't wear one will be interrogated at every opportunity to determine why their morale is so low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    Rules for the sake of rules makes for mindless policy and engenders a lack of respect for those who enact and enforce them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Morale shirts aaaaaand Mustache March! Life is gooooood in the AF right now.
    Must be nice to have breakfest with family....Maintenance guys have got it made-BRUWIN