Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McPeak has a new book!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: McPeak has a new book!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_KO View Post
    No problem, I just ordered you the entire trilogy, leather bound, gold leaf cover, personally autographed.
    HAHA...they will look mighty handsome at the Goodwill shop.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Because, for some reason, the government thinks combining things will save money...and they are almost ALWAYS wrong. AFSC's, Joint Bases, etc. Consolidation seems to be the "go to", but never seems to work. You'd think sooner or later the people making these decisions would be able to see the trend. Unfortunately...
    Oh, wowsie wowsie woo woo. Miserable day, isn't it?

Eliminating redundancy where it isn't needed, is a sound practice in reducing costs. I'll agree that it shouldn't be done haphazardly, but not that it is always wrong.

PS

I noticed that you used the qualifier, "almost" but then you upper-cased the word "always" in a WILLSPOWERS fashion.

I find this intriguing, and would like to know to what degree the upper-cased "ALWAYS" diminishes the qualifier, "almost."

Is there some type of WILLSPOWERS style guide that explains that sort of thing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Because, for some reason, the government thinks combining things will save money...and they are almost ALWAYS wrong. AFSC's, Joint Bases, etc. Consolidation seems to be the "go to", but never seems to work. You'd think sooner or later the people making these decisions would be able to see the trend. Unfortunately...
    About 5 years ago there was considerable talk concerning combining Power Pro & AGE. To this day there is still some whispers of it. I believe the echo of "HELL NO!" from the chorus of 3E0X2 gorillas is still echoing across the galaxy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    HAHA...they will look mighty handsome at the Goodwill shop.
    As a GS-11 "Captain Equivalent," I would not expect you to understand the positive impact that McPeak has had on my Air Force. He is a legendary innovator; a true "mover and shaker" of his time. If it wasn't for McPeak, my Air Force would be full of jobskill-oriented NCOs who think a "customer" is someone in line at the food court.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    About 5 years ago there was considerable talk concerning combining Power Pro & AGE. To this day there is still some whispers of it. I believe the echo of "HELL NO!" from the chorus of 3E0X2 gorillas is still echoing across the galaxy...
    That would be the biggest mistake ever. AGE NEEDS to stay on the flightline. It's bad enough they're combined with power pro in Air Control Squadrons. The horror stories I've heard. AGE guys can't think for themselves. They need a T.O. and whatever version of IWIMS they use to do their job. There would be a power struggle. Do we follow AGE guidelines or do we follow CE guidelines. ETLs or AFIs? IWIMS or CAMS? It would be a nightmare.

I once heard rumblings of combining power pro and electricians. It would make a lot more sense than combining with AGE but still not a good idea.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giggawatt View Post
    That would be the biggest mistake ever. AGE NEEDS to stay on the flightline. It's bad enough they're combined with power pro in Air Control Squadrons. The horror stories I've heard. AGE guys can't think for themselves. They need a T.O. and whatever version of IWIMS they use to do their job. There would be a power struggle. Do we follow AGE guidelines or do we follow CE guidelines. ETLs or AFIs? IWIMS or CAMS? It would be a nightmare.

I once heard rumblings of combining power pro and electricians. It would make a lot more sense than combining with AGE but still not a good idea.
    Why not merge Power Pro, AGE and Vehicle maintenance? Call it "Non-Aircraft Powered Maintenance"? Other than, "it would be a complete and utter disaster of galactic proportion" I can't think of a reason not to do it.
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giggawatt View Post

AGE mechanics rock! They might not be able to think for themselves, but they do think of the simplest things first.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Here's my list of positive changes that occurred during those CSAF years:
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AF Comm Guy View Post
    I saw a flyer on base today for General McPeak's new book. He'll be here for a book signing next week.
    Check the back of the flyer. There's a sale on eggs at the Commissary. Just sayin'!
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." -- Peter Clemenza.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    It seems like I heard that rumor every year I was in. It would be a huge mistake and I don't believe it will ever happen.