Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 82

Thread: Here's my idea.

  1. #61
    Senior Member USN - Retired's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Posts
    702
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Because if we allow people to go without food and shelter - despite what you and I may think of what we might consider to be their personality flaws - then we don't live in a civilized society. .
    Income taxes are a sign that our society is NOT civilized. The government uses the law to take money from us. If we try to resist, then we go to jail.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post
    Income taxes are a sign that our society is NOT civilized. The government uses the law to take money from us. If we try to resist, then we go to jail.
    Great point. I would have to say, having to FORCE people to take care of the poor is not very civilized.
    Liberalism; such great ideas, they need to force you to follow them.

    Socialism is for the people, not the socialist.

    Economic Left/Right: 7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
    politicalcompass.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #63
    Senior Member USN - Retired's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Posts
    702
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by WILDJOKER5 View Post
    Great point. I would have to say, having to FORCE people to take care of the poor is not very civilized.
    Very true. Additionally, forcing people to take care of the freeloaders in our society is a sign that our society may soon collapse.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,936
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by WILDJOKER5 View Post
    Well, you want me to sift through all of these blogs and internet troll posts to find the conservative interview attributing welfare recipients to black stereo types of Jordans and Cadis?
    No. Just reading the titles and the small passages on the search results page should clue you in as to what's going on in these articles.

    So, conservatives making prohabition of drugs thinking that would make it harder to buy them isnt being concerned with the poor making good life decisions?
    No, it's a desire to remove them from society by putting them in jail.

    I am with you and Sand for rehab, but I am also not for the prohabition that allows the rise of the criminal syndicate to thrive.
    Well if you believe that people aren't committing a crime by using drugs, then why do you want to test welfare recipients for drugs?

    But hey, you have such a negative view of the other side that you never believe their stated intention to be true. Funny that Conservatives believe Obama's stated words to be true, like how he wants to destroy american jobs and raise the price of energy for everyone.
    Because the truth comes out in the bills that they introduce. For example, I've already pointed out to sandsjames that there are no provisions for mandatory rehab in bills for the testing of welfare recipients. The bills are strictly designed to yank welfare away from those who pop positive.

    What does this mean? Who is "everyone else" and who are "they" that you speak of? And what was said to win an argument? You honestly lost me on this line.
    Everyone else, as in sandsjames being the only person here who suggested mandatory rehab for welfare recipients who pop positive for illegal drug use.

    Hmm, I guess. Where did you hear that one? Now, I will agree, we cant just take it away since the FED has made the dollar so worthless, that a mother making $22k/year along with subsidies really equate to $60k/year.
    And... the big lie that you bought into. Thinking that people on welfare are somehow living the good life. I live in Norfolk, VA. Look me up if you're ever in my neck of the woods, and I'll show you around town so you can see how people on welfare are living.

    You cant really just expect her to find a job tomorrow paying that kind of salary. This is where the GOP is wrong in their assesment of getting rid of public assistance. But I am sure they would be more willing to negotiate if there wasnt so many videos of welfare people driving expensive cars and buying fancy clothes....
    And... many people don't realize how people on welfare get these things. There's alot of illegal money to be made in the ghetto. Hell, before they tore down Robert Taylor Homes in Chicago, it was estimated that between $50,000 to $100,000 worth of drug deals took place there DAILY.

    Also, do you know what "tricking" is? You are, or were, in the military... so you see it everyday. Poor schmuck who has yet to learn about life, blowing his paycheck on local women who are using him. And it's not just men in the military who do this. Many poor women, including those on public assistance, use men with both legitimate and legitimate jobs everyday. And they will even give some of that money and other goods from the men tricking on them to other men.

    That people ASSUME is on welfare with the latest iPhone? If she is on welfare, I bet you - some idiot bought it for her. I wouldn't even advise anyone to put money on that not being the case. The fun bet would be on whether or the trick is actually having sex with her.

    Quote Originally Posted by WILDJOKER5 View Post
    There is a lot of examples today of this happening. Blacks are moving to the south in mass because they are tired of the liberal north and the poverty they have experienced up there.
    Nope, not true. The racism in the north is different from the racism in the south. Southern racism is hostile in nature, where northern racism is condescening in nature.

    The south is less segregated, but there's more opportunity up north.

    Southern racism is basically "We don't care how close you get, but don't go too high;" where northern racism is "We don't care how high you go, but don't get too close."

    Northern racism, I'll grant you, is responsible for the current state of the black community (again, watch The Pruitt-Igoe Myth if you haven't); but most blacks aren't conscious of that - most still think that slavery is responsible, when most of the problems didn't begin until the Great Migration North.

    However, where you're wrong is the insinuation that black people have a problem with liberals, and want to go places that are run by conservatives. The remigration south is a cultural thing. The culture of southern blacks has caught on and gone mainstream, and this has been the case for the past 15 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post
    Why should we live in a civilized society? If there is no God, then there is no need to be civilized. If there is no God, then I don't have to fear any punishment in the afterlife. I can live my life on my terms and let the poor starve. I can go live in Thailand and shack up with a couple of twenty year old women and enjoy life. If there is no God, then why should I care if the poor starve. That's their problem.
    Yep, that's your problem. You think that someone has to believe in God in order to care about their fellow man.

    I'm sure that you think less of me because of my opinion, but why should I care what you think?
    Yep, I sure do.

    You are a nobody. You are just a tiny little man with a big chip on his shoulder.
    No, you are. You're the one who expresses so much hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post
    Income taxes are a sign that our society is NOT civilized. The government uses the law to take money from us. If we try to resist, then we go to jail.
    Tell me something: do you really believe the kind of bullshit that you put out on this forum? Or are you trying to portray some caricature of anti-social right wing nutjob idiocy?
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  5. #65
    Senior Member AJBIGJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Everyone else, as in sandsjames being the only person here who suggested mandatory rehab for welfare recipients who pop positive for illegal drug use.
    For the record, this would probably be an make-or-break factor if I were to vote in favor of drug testing in Virginia, if it was in question. Having been a DAPA myself it's hard to think otherwise.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

    It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

  6. #66
    Senior Member USN - Retired's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Posts
    702
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Yep, that's your problem. You think that someone has to believe in God in order to care about their fellow man.
    If there is no God, then why should I care about my fellow man, especially if he is a freeloader? I'm just askin'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    No, you are. You're the one who expresses so much hate.
    It is not hate. It is tough love.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Tell me something: do you really believe the kind of bullshit that you put out on this forum? Or are you trying to portray some caricature of anti-social right wing nutjob idiocy?
    Here we go again,... more shaming language from Rusty. I find it interesting that people like you dismiss organized religion, yet you frequently attempt use the main tool used by organized religion, i.e. shaming language, to manipulate and control people. Personally, I don't think that you'll have much luck manipulating and controlling people with shaming language because, unlike organized religion, you can not scare the masses with threats of the wrath of a supreme deity.

  7. #67
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,936
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post
    If there is no God, then why should I care about my fellow man, especially if he is a freeloader? I'm just askin'.
    Didn't you get it the first time? Religion is not a prerequisite for compassion. Hell, from what I'm seeing, it's probably more likely to be a detractor. At least, that's the impression that I'm getting.

    It is not hate. It is tough love.
    No, it's hate. The state that you'd rather see people that you deem to be beneath you as a result of yanking public assistance from them is nothing but pure hate, plain and simple. More often than not, the claim of "tough love" is bullshit, and is used to mask hate.

    Here we go again,... more shaming language from Rusty. I find it interesting that people like you dismiss organized religion, yet you frequently attempt use the main tool used by organized religion, i.e. shaming language, to manipulate and control people. Personally, I don't think that you'll have much luck manipulating and controlling people with shaming language because, unlike organized religion, you can not scare the masses with threats of the wrath of a supreme deity.
    It's not shaming language. It's my disbelief that anyone can actually say the kind of shit you're saying with a straight face.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    699
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    Rusty. USN is posting only to 'get your goat' and watch you get riled up. He takes pleasure in and find it humorous to upset you. Ignore him. Whatever you say he will just twist it around anyway.

  9. #69
    Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    3,669
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post
    Why should we live in a civilized society? If there is no God, then there is no need to be civilized. If there is no God, then I don't have to fear any punishment in the afterlife. I can live my life on my terms and let the poor starve. I can go live in Thailand and shack up with a couple of twenty year old women and enjoy life. If there is no God, then why should I care if the poor starve. That's their problem. I'm sure that you think less of me because of my opinion, but why should I care what you think? You are a nobody. You are just a tiny little man with a big chip on his shoulder.
    Is the only the only reason you act civilized is because you fear punishment from God?

    If that is the case, I say you are not a good person.

    What about being a civilized person because it is the right thing to do?

    If it takes an omnipotent spirit to keep you in line, you can't really be trusted, and are a piece of crap.

    You better go to Thailand and spend as much time with those 20 year olds while you can.

    Because your God sees through that weak bullshit and is going to punish your ass real good.

  10. #70
    Senior Member AJBIGJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    R.I.P. Thread...
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

    It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •