Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 82

Thread: Here's my idea.

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    Who were you thinking makes that call? We have been operating under a continuing resolution authority (CRA) for the better part of the last 4 years. Money gets doled out based on what was submitted in the bogey. With that being said who do you think the bogeys get submitted to? Also when it comes time for fallout money who do you think hands it out? Finance people don't decide what is mission critical but they do decide which item gets funded when they have competing requirements.
    I realize that not every base is going to use the exact same procedures but in my experience those end of year buydown lists are reviewed by senior management and priorities assigned. If money comes available then those with highest priorities are funded.

  2. #12
    Senior Member giggawatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    447
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by OtisRNeedleman View Post
    I had an idea this morning. (Millions of people nationwide faint dead away.)

    Been a lot of talk about cutting military benefits, increasing fees, etc.

    I want to see a law stating that any percentage cuts in military benefits (including percentage raises in premiums, fees, or commissary surcharges) shall not go into effect unless these cuts are matched by the same percentage cuts in benefits for Federal civilian workers and the total amount spent on Federally-funded welfare programs. Cuts in all three areas will be approved as a package or none of the cuts will be approved.

    To those who say, "That will hurt older people and children", I say cuts in military benefits also hurt older people and children. Go to the commissary any day, for example. You'll see many older shoppers and families with children. There are an awful lot of them.

    I also want to know why the Pentagon seems so eager to cut military personnel benefits. The people in the Pentagon screaming the loudest to cut benefits earn salaries that are multiples of what Sergeant Jane or Major Jack earn. Didn't hear of too many flag officers carried out in a box from Iraq or Afghanistan. They simply aren't taking the same risks. Why are they trying to deprive the men and women who have actually fought the battles of these benefits? Our troops have earned these benefits many times over, far more than any "gimmedats" going to welfare recipients. In the same vein, the retired generals who think cutting military benefits need to cease and desist. Their retirement pay is easily a multiple of the average retirement pay. Easy to hurt others when you can't feel pain. Your actions are a disgrace. Just go away.

    I don't want to hear that welfare is an "entitlement", either. Shouldn't be. Welfare is provided to help the needy get through the toughest times. While I have no problem with the aged or the genuinely disabled getting benefits, I don't feel the same way about otherwise able-bodied people sucking up the bennies our tax dollars pay for.

    I also want to remind those wanting to cut military benefits that we help fund our benefits through the taxes we pay. Welfare recipients don't pay a whole lot of taxes, far as I know.

    Lastly, check out the news. National debt limit needs raising. What's at stake? Possible impacts on Social Security and military pay. What? No impact on those welfare checks? That's bass-ackward. If anything, military pay and benefits should never be in doubt. Let those who are only takers worry about their welfare checks. The people whose blood has nourished the American tree of liberty should never need to worry about their salaries being paid.

    Otis


    Agreed.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

    "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

  3. #13
    Senior Member Shaken1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    381
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    Some of the stuff really gets me. I have an acquaintance that has been on some sort of welfare the entire time I have been in the military....over 18 years. She has been on Food Stamps, housing assistance, and who knows what else. She has a couple of kids by different dads. But her stuff isn't getting cut. She will continue on the welfare wagon forever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Insert clever quote here...

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaken1976 View Post
    Some of the stuff really gets me. I have an acquaintance that has been on some sort of welfare the entire time I have been in the military....over 18 years. She has been on Food Stamps, housing assistance, and who knows what else. She has a couple of kids by different dads. But her stuff isn't getting cut. She will continue on the welfare wagon forever.
    Our raise was a measly 1%. Welfare recieved a 34% raise. hmmm....No, Obama and liberals dont breed dependency at all. lol
    Liberalism; such great ideas, they need to force you to follow them.

    Socialism is for the people, not the socialist.

    Economic Left/Right: 7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
    politicalcompass.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    420
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    I still argue that ALL welfare reciepients should be subject to random drug testing and welfare should have a max time frame for benefits.
    “To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.” - Unknown

  6. #16
    Senior Member CYBERFX1024's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    615
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaken1976 View Post
    Some of the stuff really gets me. I have an acquaintance that has been on some sort of welfare the entire time I have been in the military....over 18 years. She has been on Food Stamps, housing assistance, and who knows what else. She has a couple of kids by different dads. But her stuff isn't getting cut. She will continue on the welfare wagon forever.
    My x-wife is the exact same way. She tries everything she can in order to get benefits. When she had custody of the kids and I was a contractor in Afghan, I was sending back $2k a month, on top of the $1k of childcare every single month. She then went to the DSS and submitted paperwork for food stamps. She got those until they wanted a letter from me saying how much I sent her every single month, she wanted me to write it saying that I gave her $1000 a month overall. I said hell no and she lost food stamps.

    Move forward 1 year and I come back and send $1k a month, and she starts receiving food stamps. DSS comes after me for money, and I give them all the documentation on what I was sending. Lo and behold she was spending the food stamps on cigarettes and to get cash back from stores. She had no job and still does not have job at all.

  7. #17
    Senior Member CYBERFX1024's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    615
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by OtisRNeedleman View Post
    I had an idea this morning. (Millions of people nationwide faint dead away.)
    Been a lot of talk about cutting military benefits, increasing fees, etc.
    I want to see a law stating that any percentage cuts in military benefits (including percentage raises in premiums, fees, or commissary surcharges) shall not go into effect unless these cuts are matched by the same percentage cuts in benefits for Federal civilian workers and the total amount spent on Federally-funded welfare programs. Cuts in all three areas will be approved as a package or none of the cuts will be approved.
    To those who say, "That will hurt older people and children", I say cuts in military benefits also hurt older people and children. Go to the commissary any day, for example. You'll see many older shoppers and families with children. There are an awful lot of them.
    I also want to know why the Pentagon seems so eager to cut military personnel benefits. The people in the Pentagon screaming the loudest to cut benefits earn salaries that are multiples of what Sergeant Jane or Major Jack earn. Didn't hear of too many flag officers carried out in a box from Iraq or Afghanistan. They simply aren't taking the same risks. Why are they trying to deprive the men and women who have actually fought the battles of these benefits? Our troops have earned these benefits many times over, far more than any "gimmedats" going to welfare recipients. In the same vein, the retired generals who think cutting military benefits need to cease and desist. Their retirement pay is easily a multiple of the average retirement pay. Easy to hurt others when you can't feel pain. Your actions are a disgrace. Just go away.

    I don't want to hear that welfare is an "entitlement", either. Shouldn't be. Welfare is provided to help the needy get through the toughest times. While I have no problem with the aged or the genuinely disabled getting benefits, I don't feel the same way about otherwise able-bodied people sucking up the bennies our tax dollars pay for.

    I also want to remind those wanting to cut military benefits that we help fund our benefits through the taxes we pay. Welfare recipients don't pay a whole lot of taxes, far as I know.

    Lastly, check out the news. National debt limit needs raising. What's at stake? Possible impacts on Social Security and military pay. What? No impact on those welfare checks? That's bass-ackward. If anything, military pay and benefits should never be in doubt. Let those who are only takers worry about their welfare checks. The people whose blood has nourished the American tree of liberty should never need to worry about their salaries being paid.
    Otis
    I am a Federal Civilian and I approve this message. I also believe that if we should make cuts then it needs to be ACROSS THE BOARD no picking and choosing. Cut x amount from every single department and agency and that's how we can save this country.

    A report came out today that interest on our debt will quadruple over the next 10 years. How can we pay that without making sure to pay down our debt as well? It's already a known fact that Social Security will not be around in the same fashion as it is today when I retire in 35 years, and that people like me will pay more in than we will ever receive.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,936
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by OtisRNeedleman View Post
    I want to see a law stating that any percentage cuts in military benefits (including percentage raises in premiums, fees, or commissary surcharges) shall not go into effect unless these cuts are matched by the same percentage cuts in benefits for Federal civilian workers and the total amount spent on Federally-funded welfare programs. Cuts in all three areas will be approved as a package or none of the cuts will be approved.
    Okay, so... we got a 1% payraise this year after a four-year freeze, while the military was still getting raises. Are you SURE you want what federal civilians have? My healthcare premium jump up $70 per payday. Are you SURE you want what federal civilians have? That's just gonna result in more cuts on your end.

    Quote Originally Posted by WILDJOKER5 View Post
    Our raise was a measly 1%. Welfare recieved a 34% raise. hmmm....No, Obama and liberals dont breed dependency at all. lol
    Welfare got a 34% raise? You got a link for that?

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyJ View Post
    I still argue that ALL welfare reciepients should be subject to random drug testing and welfare should have a max time frame for benefits.
    You haven't been paying attention lately, then. In Florida, only 2% popped positive. With what it cost for the state to administer the drug test, vs how much the state saved by revoking welfare benefits... Florida actually lost money.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERFX1024 View Post
    My x-wife is the exact same way. She tries everything she can in order to get benefits. When she had custody of the kids and I was a contractor in Afghan, I was sending back $2k a month, on top of the $1k of childcare every single month. She then went to the DSS and submitted paperwork for food stamps. She got those until they wanted a letter from me saying how much I sent her every single month, she wanted me to write it saying that I gave her $1000 a month overall. I said hell no and she lost food stamps.

    Move forward 1 year and I come back and send $1k a month, and she starts receiving food stamps. DSS comes after me for money, and I give them all the documentation on what I was sending. Lo and behold she was spending the food stamps on cigarettes and to get cash back from stores. She had no job and still does not have job at all.
    Going through my divorce, mine claimed she had the kids, which she didnt, and recieved at least $300 a month for food stamps. That was also while I was paying for everything but her new trailer rent. Its too easy to get on food stamps.
    Liberalism; such great ideas, they need to force you to follow them.

    Socialism is for the people, not the socialist.

    Economic Left/Right: 7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
    politicalcompass.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Here's my idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Welfare got a 34% raise? You got a link for that?
    Sorry, it grew 19%....in 2012. Dont have the numbers on how much its grown since then. I guess I can look later.
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/welf...-trillion-year
    You haven't been paying attention lately, then. In Florida, only 2% popped positive. With what it cost for the state to administer the drug test, vs how much the state saved by revoking welfare benefits... Florida actually lost money.
    But why is it that if less than 2% of people would be affected by voter ID laws, is it still not still considered racist? 2% of people that have foodstamps popping positive for Drugs shouldnt be on foodstamps. If they have money for drugs, then they have money for food. Hell CO is opening up EBT to be used at pot stores.
    Liberalism; such great ideas, they need to force you to follow them.

    Socialism is for the people, not the socialist.

    Economic Left/Right: 7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
    politicalcompass.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •