Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Soft?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Too Soft?

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    Exactly. I was TACP for 11 yrs. I hated being on an AF when I was JTAC instructor on Nellis. The only thing AF about TACPs is the name tape......when they wear them.
    TACP guy that was in my class used to say "We are Army guys who get to wear AF uniforms"
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dont lump SERE guys with TACP. Sere is extreme camping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fufu View Post
    Dont lump SERE guys with TACP. Sere is extreme camping.
    Hey... They still get to wear that beret!! Or do they? I don't know it's been a while since a cross path with one.
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

At my first duty station the command chief briefed us first term airmen at FTAC. He made it clear in that briefing that our job, no matter what our AFSC was, our job is to kill people. If you can't handle that fact, you might want to find a different line of work. If you can't handle a little casual cursing in every day conversation, I got some bad news for you.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diabolic View Post
    Have we become so PC that we are encouraging sympathetic feelings for people that bleed out of the ears when they hear a curse word or hear something that doesn't fall in to line with their beliefs? Are we at a point where discipline and being a part of the military has basically died and we've become a corporate enterprise?

I feel this is the current state of many flights in our Air Force. At least this is how things are treated in my office. Are we supposed to tread lightly around those who are too sensitive to the mission that the Air Force is tasked with?

Are you really complaining about not being able to spout curse words anywhere you want to?

That is nothing new, and I fail to see how cursing is linked in anyway to mission accomplishment.

Please explain what your beef is, because if it is not being able to cuss in every situation, you are being silly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch View Post
    Hey... They still get to wear that beret!! Or do they? I don't know it's been a while since a cross path with one.

Yeah they still do

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diabolic View Post
    Valid point. In my case that was presented, I do not curse or talk down to people. I'm speaking of general "cursing" in the work place. Like when you take a sip of that delicious hot coffee in the morning but it burned your mouth and you shout "Great Grandmothers spatula, that f*cking burns!". If you get bent out of shape over things like that, you should probably join the Peace Corps.
    Just wanted to repost this part of your statement, since people seemed to ignore your comments and assume you were just talking about swearing at others for no reason.

I think you make a great point. I don't have an issue with it. If you can't drop an F bomb once in a while then people really need to toughen up a little and get over themselves.

The opposite is the person who uses it as a crutch, every other word. That gets real annoying and I've told people to tone it down a little. Swearing is not unprofessional. Using it as a crutch (whether a swear word or not) is very unprofessional.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    It's acceptable in an environment when my job is to find and kill the enemy.
    That is not the actual job of MOST people in the USAF, USA, USN or even USMC. The vast majority are in support roles, supporting someone who actually is doing the killing. When in the Marines, I was an infantryman ... my job was to do it, my job in the Navy is supporting those that do it. Even for those whose job it is ... you should be professional.

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I think you make a great point. I don't have an issue with it. If you can't drop an F bomb once in a while then people really need to toughen up a little and get over themselves.

The opposite is the person who uses it as a crutch, every other word. That gets real annoying and I've told people to tone it down a little. Swearing is not unprofessional. Using it as a crutch (whether a swear word or not) is very unprofessional.
    @sandsjames exactly the point. Swearing in and of itself is not unprofessional and can be warranted, swearing for the sake of swearing is ... and lends me to generally assume the individual lacks sufficient vocabulary to get the point across otherwise.

Yes, some people today are too sensitive and probably need to grow a thicker skin. That said, to think that a work environment is appropriate for an 'anything goes' atmosphere is wrong as well.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stalwart View Post

@sandsjames exactly the point. Swearing in an of itself is not unprofessional and can be warranted, swearing for the sake of swearing is ... and lends me to generally assume the individual lacks sufficient vocabulary to get the point across otherwise.

Yes, some people today are too sensitive and probably need to grow a thicker skin. That said, to think that a work environment is appropriate for an 'anything goes' atmosphere is wrong as well.
    Agree. It doesn't even necessarily have to be swearing. There are many forms of unprofessional speech that have nothing to do with swearing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes they can still wear berets and I have no idea how they warrant them.