Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: It's about damn time!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: It's about damn time!

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    The Democrats would say that we should drastically reduce their CEO/Management salaries so we can pay everyone a minimum wage of $15 an hour.
    Who exactly is "we" ?

By the way this is actually what Republicans would say...

So,... Why is it okay for Beyonce to make $50 million and not okay for a CEO who has 3000 employees and $100 million in profit to make $5 million?

Should "we" also drastically reduce Beyonce's Salary?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post
    Who exactly is "we" ?

So,... Why is it okay for Beyonce to make $50 million and not okay for a CEO who has 3000 employees and $100 million in profit to make $5 million?

Should "we" also drastically reduce Beyonce's Salary?
    Was just answering the question. In my sentence "we" is Democrats. The Democrats think it is unfair that CEOs make so much money. Admittedly, there is nothing they can do about it though. It is an odd double standard. The same people who complain about CEO salaries are usually perfectly ok with sports stars or entertainers getting paid ridiculous salaries.

In my opinion if you have the talent to be the best at your profession or craft you should be allowed to strive for whatever salary the market will bear. With that being said I think that people at the top get a little bit greedy. Look at NFL players. If you are a top QB you can make 20 Million per year (salary cap number). The total cap is around 130 million so on a team of 53 players one person is sucking up 15% of the avaliable salary. If you asked Peyton Manning if NFL players should take a 1% pay cut to reduce ticket prices he would probably be ok with it. It makes no differnce to him. If you ask the same thing to one of the guys making league minimum you would get a vastly differnet answer.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    Tax them.
    I'll give you that one.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The Democrats would say that we should drastically reduce their CEO/Management salaries so we can pay everyone a minimum wage of $15 an hour.

By the way this is actually what Republicans would say...

Can you give me the actual "Proud Conservative" who said that because I want to know which smallish company with 100 million in profits pays their CEO 5 million.........................

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Was just answering the question. In my sentence "we" is Democrats. The Democrats think it is unfair that CEOs make so much money. Admittedly, there is nothing they can do about it though. It is an odd double standard. The same people who complain about CEO salaries are usually perfectly ok with sports stars or entertainers getting paid ridiculous salaries.

In my opinion if you have the talent to be the best at your profession or craft you should be allowed to strive for whatever salary the market will bear. With that being said I think that people at the top get a little bit greedy. Look at NFL players. If you are a top QB you can make 20 Million per year (salary cap number). The total cap is around 130 million so on a team of 53 players one person is sucking up 15% of the avaliable salary. If you asked Peyton Manning if NFL players should take a 1% pay cut to reduce ticket prices he would probably be ok with it. It makes no differnce to him. If you ask the same thing to one of the guys making league minimum you would get a vastly differnet answer.
    Is that an official policy of the DNC? That CEO pay should be reduced?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Is that an official policy of the DNC? That CEO pay should be reduced?
    It is the official policy of the DNC that the pay of white male CEO's should be reduced. That policy is part of the DNC's war against white males. Democrats believe that white males are incompetent buffoons who say stupid things and can not do anything right. At first, I could not understand why they think that way. After listening to Joe Biden and Harry Reid talk, I now understand why they think that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post
    It is the official policy of the DNC that the pay of white male CEO's should be reduced. That policy is part of the DNC's war against white males. Democrats believe that white males are incompetent buffoons who say stupid things and can not do anything right. At first, I could not understand why they think that way. After listening to Joe Biden and Harry Reid talk, I now understand why they think that way.
    No... We came to that conclusion after analyzing every single conservative goon out there.
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The military is turning itself into another special intrest group. Nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And is this coming from someone who believes we shouldn't raise minimum wage?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)