Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: It's about damn time!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This thread has a bit of everything. May as well talk about the World Cup.

Soldiers should make more than soccer players.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Yep. We should all be multimillionaires.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    LOL

I forgot all about this thread.

If ever there was a classic example of TJ's over obsessive nit-picking, it was that whole exchange about spark plugs and Hemis.

lOL
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    LOL

I forgot all about this thread.

If ever there was a classic example of TJ's over obsessive nit-picking, it was that whole exchange about spark plugs and Hemis.

lOL
    I am baffled what recent post caused that mental link to pop into your head but..............

Nit-picking?

That is your synonym for pointing out pretty obvious errors?

Interesting. So if in the act of supporting a position you were to say something completely not true (either in error or purposefully) one should ignore such an error and just press on with the discussion?

I guess that would be politically correct.

I have notice a definite penchant for that kind of thinking when failed arguments are coming to a close (or should be anyway).

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    I am baffled what recent post caused that mental link to pop into your head but..............

Nit-picking?

That is your synonym for pointing out pretty obvious errors?

Interesting. So if in the act of supporting a position you were to say something completely not true (either in error or purposefully) one should ignore such an error and just press on with the discussion?

I guess that would be politically correct.

I have notice a definite penchant for that kind of thinking when failed arguments are coming to a close (or should be anyway).
    Post #131

Get a sense of humor... You even admitted to not being able to let minor things go at the end of that exchange...
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post
    Given the current demographics of Muslims in our country, i.e. increasing immigration of Muslims into the US and high birth rate of Muslims in the US and given the current demographics of Christians in the US, declining birth rate of the Christian population, I suspect that our country may become an Islamic Republic in approximately 75 years.
    Even if, demographically, this were true, which I don't believe it is...certainly not with 75 years!

Isn't this all the more reason for all of us to steadfastly insist on a separation of Church and State....or will Conservatives be just fine with "Freedom OF Religion, not Freedom FROM Religion" when Muslims are the majority?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    Even if, demographically, this were true, which I don't believe it is...certainly not with 75 years!

Isn't this all the more reason for all of us to steadfastly insist on a separation of Church and State....or will Conservatives be just fine with "Freedom OF Religion, not Freedom FROM Religion" when Muslims are the majority?
    Same argument is made about minorities. Middle class white men has been saying for years that in a few years there will be no more white people because of "interbreeding".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Same argument is made about minorities. Middle class white men has been saying for years that in a few years there will be no more white people because of "interbreeding".
    Not inclined to look up the numbers, but I'd guess we're a lot closer to being a brown country than we are to being a Muslim country.

In fact. wasn't it just within the last year or two that whites became less than 50% of new births in the country?

I do believe we are heading toward a white minority (if you group all non-whites together)...but I think we are much much farther from a Muslim majority....never even heard that projected before. I think whites remain a plurality for the foreseeable future...that we may become less than 50% of the populaiton, but still larger than any other ethnic group. I do think you'll find Muslim majorities in some small cities maybe (Dearborn, MI)...though I don't think they are yet, they are getting there in some cities?
    Last edited by Measure Man; 06-16-2014 at 09:12 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    Not inclined to look up the numbers, but I'd guess we're a lot closer to being a brown country than we are to being a Muslim country.

In fact. wasn't it just within the last year or two that whites became less than 50% of new births in the country?

I do believe we are heading toward a white minority (if you group all non-whites together)...but I think we are much much farther from a Muslim majority....never even heard that projected before. I think whites remain a plurality for the foreseeable future...that we may become less than 50% of the populaiton, but still larger than any other ethnic group. I do think you'll find Muslim majorities in some small cities maybe (Dearborn, MI)...though I don't think they are yet, they are getting there in some cities?
    If I wasn't so PC, I'd make a joke about buying stock in Kool-Aid...but I am, so I won't.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Post #131

Get a sense of humor... You even admitted to not being able to let minor things go at the end of that exchange...
    Stop being so overly sensitive. I didn't know we were playing Six Degrees of Separation. Post 131 didn't have anything to do with me. In fact I can't even get it down to six degrees.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself