Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OPSTEMPO during drawdown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OPSTEMPO during drawdown

How's that working out for you? lol
    Must be nice to have breakfest with family....Maintenance guys have got it made-BRUWIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: OPSTEMPO during drawdown

Since nobody has actually been cut yet, it is much of the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wxjumper View Post
    Since nobody has actually been cut yet, it is much of the same.
    Yet, productivity is at an all time low because everyone is researching the downsizing programs.
    Must be nice to have breakfest with family....Maintenance guys have got it made-BRUWIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleDragger View Post
    Yet, productivity is at an all time low because everyone is researching the downsizing programs.
    True, I am sure AFPC had to add an extra server or two to handle all the increased traffic. You look around any office, about 50% of the computers will have at least one webpage open on MyPers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wxjumper View Post
    True, I am sure AFPC had to add an extra server or two to handle all the increased traffic. You look around any office, about 50% of the computers will have at least one webpage open on MyPers.
    I think 50% is a very conservative estimate.

Using myself as an example...I am not vulnerable. Yet I have troops, supervisors, and coworkers that are. Damn right it's on our minds(and computer screens).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I asked one of our commanders here that very question a while ago. He believes that once Afghanistan closes down that our ops tempo will drop. What he didn't tell me is how we'd get through the time between now and then. Personally, I think it's gonna get rough for those of us left behind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea and once Afghanistan shuts down - we'll find new ways to use CBTs, Power Point, Excel, pre-pre-pre-meetings, and other bullshit programs to "fill in the space".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crwchf16 View Post
    I asked one of our commanders here that very question a while ago. He believes that once Afghanistan closes down that our ops tempo will drop. What he didn't tell me is how we'd get through the time between now and then. Personally, I think it's gonna get rough for those of us left behind
    Quote Originally Posted by Drackore View Post
    Yea and once Afghanistan shuts down - we'll find new ways to use CBTs, Power Point, Excel, pre-pre-pre-meetings, and other bullshit programs to "fill in the space".
    Once Afghanistan "closes down," the US will find another area of the world in which to spread freedom and democracy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

In most shops in the AF I think people are being a little bit dishonest about the actual manning level they need. I think just about anyone who has had a MAJCOm level job knows that a lot of the things MAJCOm does in unnecessary. In my shop we are constantly being "tasked" with reports just because someone at MAJCOm was curious. For example, if I initiate a contracting action the money is set aside as an administrative commitment. According to the regualtion the contract should be awarded within 30 days or I should follow up on the document. With that being said it isn't uncommon for me to get a tasker asking about all outstanding commitments some of which are less than a week old. Of course these reports are often pencil whipped because there is no reason for me to check with contracting when a project just started a week ago. So why is someone at MAJCOM reqesting this info? Because they have nothing else to do and they want to micromanage. OPSTEMPO levels would be fine if people at the top would quit sending out taskers just for fun. Some of the things requested can take several hours or even a day to prepare and then someone at the top spends 15 minutes looking at the infomration and moves on to sending the next tasker out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    Once Afghanistan "closes down," the US will find another area of the world in which to spread freedom and democracy.
    There are a lot of countries in Africa that make Vietnam look like Grenada on the quagmire scale. That'll be next.
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources