Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it time to quit? (the forum that is)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is it time to quit? (the forum that is)

When Mil Times brought in a bunch of hired guns to clean up the Wild West atmosphere of Forum City, quite a few good posters up and left because it just wasn't fun anymore. The Blutarski thread had pretty much run its course but we still had one great thread (with an awesome GWOT vet as lead character) simmering on the back burner which would occasionally bubble to the top. But the mods have evicted that renter and closed the basketball court. Wills we ever have the power to have fun in here again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Is it time to quit? (the forum that is)

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedAirman View Post
    Wills we ever have the power to have fun in here again?
    Nice
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this place has gone rapidly down hill. I use to check this site multiple times a day and loved having nearly a full page of relevant and engaging topics. Now I check it maybe twice a day and there are posts over a month old on the front page....way to kill of a great thing. afforums isnt too much better but at least its more active

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Start a good thread and people will come...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    Start a good thread and people will come...
    Always the optimist Flaps.............

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure if it was the purges or what it was, but the amount of activity has dropped quite a bit, I certainly find myself visiting here less frequently. I think a lot of the difficulty is a lack of common interest among those who do stick around in what remains. I certainly have a hard time (as a Navy guy) commenting on the latest AFI or USAF billetting conundrum so for obvious reasons I generally don't. I know the topics of conversation I put forth don't tend to get a lot of bites for more than a page, so I guess the market for politics and philosophical discussion has narrowed considerably. It seems to be a combination of lack of common interests as well as a removal from the more controversially engaging elements in the content. I guess many of us do hold at least a possible notion that the MTF has run its course.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AJBIGJ View Post
    I'm not sure if it was the purges or what it was, but the amount of activity has dropped quite a bit, I certainly find myself visiting here less frequently. I think a lot of the difficulty is a lack of common interest among those who do stick around in what remains. I certainly have a hard time (as a Navy guy) commenting on the latest AFI or USAF billetting conundrum so for obvious reasons I generally don't. I know the topics of conversation I put forth don't tend to get a lot of bites for more than a page, so I guess the market for politics and philosophical discussion has narrowed considerably. It seems to be a combination of lack of common interests as well as a removal from the more controversially engaging elements in the content. I guess many of us do hold at least a possible notion that the MTF has run its course.
    It seems like more than half to 75 percent of the threads are about AF stuff, so I have no interest. And posting or commenting on anything that actually is interesting/contraversial will get you banned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid View Post
    It seems like more than half to 75 percent of the threads are about AF stuff, so I have no interest. And posting or commenting on anything that actually is interesting/contraversial will get you banned.
    It depends how it's stated I suppose, I've still managed to avoid banning/private censure even while being quite critical with the mods themselves, and I don't mind stirring the pot every now and then either, although I will submit never in a fashion to drag a conversation down the racism/anti-religion/homophobia route.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AJBIGJ View Post
    Just say what you mean! You miss me and Rusty!! Just say it...
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid View Post
    I agree. I am Army and this place should be called AF Times forums. All the Army guys are now at armyforums dot com and community dot armystudyguide dot com.