Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Actual Numbers for Involuntary Programs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Actual Numbers for Involuntary Programs

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjohn1118 View Post
    I didn't look up the break out for our career field but here is a message from our Top-Cop, BG Jamerson. We are headed to 90% manning. We had this before in the mid-90s.
    "Defenders, tough day across the Air Force as the manpower reduction numbers were released. As the largest enlisted career field, we expected a big number--4000 is what it turned out to be, along with 130 expected company grade and field grade officer reductions. To be candid, that number could rise to 5000 based on the expected quality force reduction process. These cuts are based on several factors, all ultimately driven by the AF's need to pay its sequestration bill and pay for new and recapitalized weapons systems. I'm concerned for two reasons: first this means many of you will not be able to serve much longer, and it means a significant change in the way we protect our people and AF assets. The Chief and I will be on-line soon to tell you what this means for Security Forces. What I recommend you do if you are affected or you are a supervisor is to get smart quickly on the force shaping program that affects you so you can make an informed decision on continued service. These will be stressful times and there is not much I can say that will make any of this better. I simply asked that every serving Defender remain professional and committed to what we signed up for. Thanks all and we will share information as soon as we have it."
    So my leadership has been calling people in left and right and actually conducting group sitdowns with the Tech's and Staff's. Well I hadn't heard anything and I've been swamped with UCI prep so I went in and spoke to the Chief. I flat out asked what was going on and surprisingly my Chief was extremely candid...to a point. He did tell me that I have been identified as eligible to meet the board and that he and the Commander were going to wait until after our UCI next week to sit down with those of us that could be affected. Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFKILO7 View Post
    So my leadership has been calling people in left and right and actually conducting group sitdowns with the Tech's and Staff's. Well I hadn't heard anything and I've been swamped with UCI prep so I went in and spoke to the Chief. I flat out asked what was going on and surprisingly my Chief was extremely candid...to a point. He did tell me that I have been identified as eligible to meet the board and that he and the Commander were going to wait until after our UCI next week to sit down with those of us that could be affected. Awesome.
    Did you get an email?
    Must be nice to have breakfest with family....Maintenance guys have got it made-BRUWIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleDragger View Post
    Did you get an email?
    Back in December I got an email telling me that I was eligible for TERA. Nothing since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFKILO7 View Post
    Back in December I got an email telling me that I was eligible for TERA. Nothing since.
    Pretty much matches what I've gotten. Just that initial email.