Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Blue may have overdid it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Big Blue may have overdid it

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    there's no reason to do 20 years anymore, unless you are one of those who rely on the "structure" of not having to take care of yourself and your own responsibilities.
    Really? I know fucktards your age still living in their mom's basement. At least the folks that joined up took on a tough job. It isn't a free ride.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Great idea! That will allow me and my super troops to focus on holding bake sales and breakfast burrito sales to make the rest of the bitter complainers, who did not take the early out incentive, too fat to serve our great nation.

Once they are all gone, we can get back to important stuff, like having parades and twilight tattoo ceremonies. Hell, we might have enough in the personnel budget to bring back base-level bands.
    Bingo. Bring on the savings, warrior.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCO View Post
    Really? I know fucktards your age still living in their mom's basement. At least the folks that joined up took on a tough job. It isn't a free ride.
    True, there are. The Air Force has never been a free ride. However, there did used to be some result of the hard work. Benefits, job security, etc. Those benefits outweighed being away from family half the time, putting your life on the line, putting up with all the military stuff. Now, the best option (unless you're pretty hua) is to do the minimum amount of time necessary to get your GI Bill benefits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

True, there are. The Air Force has never been a free ride. However, there did used to be some result of the hard work. Benefits, job security, etc. Those benefits outweighed being away from family half the time, putting your life on the line, putting up with all the military stuff. Now, the best option (unless you're pretty hua) is to do the minimum amount of time necessary to get your GI Bill benefits.
    The best option is 36 months of free college? Come on man. The 30 -40 years of $2K - $6K a month is nothing?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

The best option is 36 months of free college? Come on man. The 30 -40 years of $2K - $6K a month is nothing?
    Those years are no longer guaranteed. If you take the college, get the degree, and get a job, then you can make that money, or more, without the obligations of the military. I'm not saying the military is a bad choice. It's just not as good a choice as it used to be. Read the posts on here about people who have been in over 10 years and don't know if they'll still be in next year (either by choice or by force).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Those years are no longer guaranteed. If you take the college, get the degree, and get a job, then you can make that money, or more, without the obligations of the military. I'm not saying the military is a bad choice. It's just not as good a choice as it used to be. Read the posts on here about people who have been in over 10 years and don't know if they'll still be in next year (either by choice or by force).
    Can't argue with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah. They are pretty much the best. Haven't had a single power outage since they started.
    Most likely because they're allowed to do the job and only the job. Not dozens of CBTs and PHA, and other BS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    Most likely because they're allowed to do the job and only the job. Not dozens of CBTs and PHA, and other BS.
    I kinda doubt that. They haven't SARC'd anyone or been targeted by terrorists.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yeah. They are pretty much the best. Haven't had a single power outage since they started.
    Yeah, that's what it is. Commercial power is always maintained by the base...oh...wait...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some folks took on tougher jobs the others and spent yrs TDY and deployed. Yet at retirement they get the same benefits as everybody else. They don't generally complain because they knew the deal coming in. Much like everybody else. The AF has been less military and more corporate since I came in. Im hoping they start getting rid of there lazy substandard performers first much like corporate downsizing should.