Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pentagon to Relax Rules on Religious Wear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Pentagon to Relax Rules on Religious Wear

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Sweet!!!! Hopefully they will be allowed to roll out the prayer rug at work 5 times a day, too.
    They already could unless it directly interfered with mission safety and requirements.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

They may as well just let everybody do what they want. If someone wants to wear a beard or a different hat bad enough, they could always claim some bullshit religion. And who would anyone be to argue with that?

I could see it... pretty soon, you're gonna have alot of people who worship the New York Yankees.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    They may as well just let everybody do what they want. If someone wants to wear a beard or a different hat bad enough, they could always claim some bullshit religion. And who would anyone be to argue with that?

I could see it... pretty soon, you're gonna have alot of people who worship the New York Yankees.
    Still has to be a DOD-recognized religion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    They already could unless it directly interfered with mission safety and requirements.
    I don't understand...you mean "them foreigners" praying weird hasn't already resulted in mass chaos and the breakdown of good order and discipline?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    I don't understand...you mean "them foreigners" praying weird hasn't already resulted in mass chaos and the breakdown of good order and discipline?
    Has nothing to do with foreigners, or any specific religion. The Air Force has certain requirements (which, obviously can be changed). When one joins they know the requirements. To voluntarily join, then saying you aren't allowed to practice your religion, is like getting hired at the post office, then saying that you don't like driving in the snow.

Religion shouldn't be a part of the work place at all. If you'd like me to take a few days and, if they haven't been removed, I will search through your old posts and link you to statements saying the same thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    Still has to be a DOD-recognized religion
    Shouldn't be a problem. Just talk to Mikey Weinstein. The AF will recognize the NY Yankees worshipers faster than you can say lawsuit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Has nothing to do with foreigners, or any specific religion. The Air Force has certain requirements (which, obviously can be changed). When one joins they know the requirements. To voluntarily join, then saying you aren't allowed to practice your religion, is like getting hired at the post office, then saying that you don't like driving in the snow.

Religion shouldn't be a part of the work place at all. If you'd like me to take a few days and, if they haven't been removed, I will search through your old posts and link you to statements saying the same thing.
    Please the AF caters to almost everybody.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    Please the AF caters to almost everybody.
    And they SHOULD cater to nobody. It's a privilege to serve in the US Military. The military should not conform to the troops. The troops should conform to the military.

Now, if we had a draft and people didn't have the choice then it's a different story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Be careful what you wish for. All those no deplorable folks gone. If you can't meet the standards you're gone. None of this no deployable stuff.