Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Today in CHIEFchat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Today in CHIEFchat

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    That is an outstanding post, and I can't find any flaw in your logic or the parallels you draw.
    That is because you are a big dummy.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    And you are obese and an AARP cardholder.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    Wasn't that you who got their arm stuck in a vending machine and had to be rescued by the Fire Department?

Once they used the jaws-of-life to open the machine, and everyone started ransacking it, you insisted that all the Kit Kat Bars should be yours as compensation for the trauma.

Actually, that was pretty smart thinking on your part; I don't think I would have thought of that, much less, have the temerity to pull off a bluff on the emergency response team.

I bow to your greatness, oh mighty GS-10 and O-3 equivalent.

I heard you even managed to walk away with most of the Snickers and half of the Synder's Hard Pretzels.

You can't learn cunning and leadership like that, you have to be born with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's not just USAF E-6s that love their candy & snacks:

It’s a familiar tableau: an overpriced vending-machine candy bar dangles on a spiral hook, tantalizingly out of reach and refusing to drop. For most of us, that mini-drama usually ends in defeat. But not for Robert McKevitt of Spirit Lake, whose victory over an uncooperative vending machine ultimately cost him his job.

McKevitt, a staff sergeant in the Iowa National Guard, was working the second shift at Polaris Industries’ warehouse in Milford, Iowa, when he decided to break for a snack last fall.
    He says he deposited $1 in a vending machine, selected a 90-cent Twix bar, and then watched as the candy bar crept forward in its slot, began its descent and was abruptly snagged by a spiral hook that held it suspended in midair. “I was, like, ‘Oh, man,’ ” said McKevitt, 27. “So I put in another dollar, and then it wouldn’t do anything.”

At first, McKevitt’s frustration took the customary route: He banged the side of the machine. He tried rocking it back and forth. But when that didn’t work, McKevitt walked away and commandeered an 8,000-pound forklift, according to state unemployment compensation records. He reportedly drove up to the vending machine, lifted it 2 feet off the concrete warehouse floor — then let it drop. He allegedly repeated the maneuver at least six times, by which time three candy bars had fallen into the chute for his retrieval.

When a supervisor confronted him, McKevitt allegedly explained he was simply trying to get the snack he had paid for. He was fired five days later. In a ruling that became public last month, a state administrative law judge denied his claim for unemployment benefits, saying McKevitt had demonstrated a willful disregard for his employer’s interests. McKevitt, who served in Afghanistan in 2011 and is a member of 1st Battalion, 194th Field Artillery, didn’t testify at his Dec. 16 unemployment-benefits hearing.

But he told The Des Moines Register he never lifted and dropped the vending machine. He says after shaking the machine to retrieve the elusive Twix bar, he used his forklift to move it back in place against the wall. “That machine was trouble,” he said. “They fired me, and now I hear they have all new vending machines there.”
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

@Chief_KO

I hope you edit that post before Bruwin sees it; because it sounds like you are calling him an E-6.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_KO View Post
    It's not just USAF E-6s that love their candy & snacks:

It’s a familiar tableau: an overpriced vending-machine candy bar dangles on a spiral hook, tantalizingly out of reach and refusing to drop. For most of us, that mini-drama usually ends in defeat. But not for Robert McKevitt of Spirit Lake, whose victory over an uncooperative vending machine ultimately cost him his job.

McKevitt, a staff sergeant in the Iowa National Guard, was working the second shift at Polaris Industries’ warehouse in Milford, Iowa, when he decided to break for a snack last fall.
    He says he deposited $1 in a vending machine, selected a 90-cent Twix bar, and then watched as the candy bar crept forward in its slot, began its descent and was abruptly snagged by a spiral hook that held it suspended in midair. “I was, like, ‘Oh, man,’ ” said McKevitt, 27. “So I put in another dollar, and then it wouldn’t do anything.”

At first, McKevitt’s frustration took the customary route: He banged the side of the machine. He tried rocking it back and forth. But when that didn’t work, McKevitt walked away and commandeered an 8,000-pound forklift, according to state unemployment compensation records. He reportedly drove up to the vending machine, lifted it 2 feet off the concrete warehouse floor — then let it drop. He allegedly repeated the maneuver at least six times, by which time three candy bars had fallen into the chute for his retrieval.

When a supervisor confronted him, McKevitt allegedly explained he was simply trying to get the snack he had paid for. He was fired five days later. In a ruling that became public last month, a state administrative law judge denied his claim for unemployment benefits, saying McKevitt had demonstrated a willful disregard for his employer’s interests. McKevitt, who served in Afghanistan in 2011 and is a member of 1st Battalion, 194th Field Artillery, didn’t testify at his Dec. 16 unemployment-benefits hearing.

But he told The Des Moines Register he never lifted and dropped the vending machine. He says after shaking the machine to retrieve the elusive Twix bar, he used his forklift to move it back in place against the wall. “That machine was trouble,” he said. “They fired me, and now I hear they have all new vending machines there.”
    Sounds like something out of the DuffelBlog.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger