Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Today in CHIEFchat

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Re: Today in CHIEFchat

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    I don't know about PS3 being superior to Wii but I am a PC guy myself. Having said that I am going to remain silent on this post since I just got off line from playing Combat Arms and I am older than your major.
    Exactly the point. You don't know, for sure, which is better. Just as you don't know what is better financially or personally for your troop. These issues are WAY too subjective.

If I briefed my troops on how I thought they would be best off financially and personally, leadership would be up in arms. That is why we need to cover the basics and know when to recommend more help. That's it. The problem is the Air Force (and now, obviously, many of it's members) think that we need to babysit down to the smallest detail.

Of course we need to know what's going on in our troops lives...we just don't need to be giving advice on shit that can deeply affect someone's life, and career, in a negative way if done wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Don't live beyond your means and never marry above your weight class.

There's financial & relationship advice in one simple sentence...
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Exactly the point. You don't know, for sure, which is better. Just as you don't know what is better financially or personally for your troop. These issues are WAY too subjective.

If I briefed my troops on how I thought they would be best off financially and personally, leadership would be up in arms. That is why we need to cover the basics and know when to recommend more help. That's it. The problem is the Air Force (and now, obviously, many of it's members) think that we need to babysit down to the smallest detail.

Of course we need to know what's going on in our troops lives...we just don't need to be giving advice on shit that can deeply affect someone's life, and career, in a negative way if done wrong.
    I just tell my troops that if they are going to bounce a check, make sure it's not at the bx (and why are you still writing checks?). Dont get the star card and pay your bills on time. If you are going to smash strange, wrap it up. If you have a wife dont beat her. Here are the agencies the base offers. Youre a grown ass man now get back to work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    I just tell my troops that if they are going to bounce a check, make sure it's not at the bx (and why are you still writing checks?). Dont get the star card and pay your bills on time. If you are going to smash strange, wrap it up. If you have a wife dont beat her. Here are the agencies the base offers. Youre a grown ass man now get back to work.
    Disagree on the Star card. It is usually a great deal. Interest rates lower then a normal credit card, zero interest on clothing, and 5 - 10 cents off at the pump.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Maybe advice is better received from someone who has been there and made the mistakes AND learned from them rather than the "experts".
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giggawatt View Post
    Maybe advice is better received from someone who has been there and made the mistakes AND learned from them rather than the "experts".
    These kind of people do not belong in my Air Force. One mistake and you're outta here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    These kind of people do not belong in my Air Force. One mistake and you're outta here.
    bingo! People that make mistakes do not fit the mold of a true airman according to the creed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Is it just me or does Chiefchat sound like some sort of social network site for Chiefs?
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wxjumper View Post
    Disagree on the Star card. It is usually a great deal. Interest rates lower then a normal credit card, zero interest on clothing, and 5 - 10 cents off at the pump.
    And it's 10% off at the food court too for most restaurants. It can be abused, of course, but as long as there is some fiscal discipline the card can save money if used properly.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    You got me. I guess I was thinking in the past.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger