Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apply now for Servicemember Civil Relief Act (SCRA) Benefits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Red face Apply now for Servicemember Civil Relief Act (SCRA) Benefits

I'm trying to pass the word out on this as much as I can. This is not a joke. I've been in the Air Force for 19 years now and I seriously doubted this when I first heard it...

Everyone needs to contact their credit card banks, except for USAA, and ask for SCRA benefits. (I established all of my lines of credit after I enlisted so they don't have to be accounts prior to your enlistment.) They should lower your APR down to 6% and refund you back the interest you've paid in the past that was over 6%. Your APR stays at 6% as long as you're AD. They will also refund any late fees that you've paid in the past and will not charge you late fees again as long as you're AD.

I've contacted all of my creditors and I've had success with all of them, except for USAA who requires that you're actually deployed instead of just on active duty.

You're not going to lose anything for asking. Many of the banks just need a copy of your LES or PCS orders to show that you're AD. All it takes is usually an e-mail or a fax and a phone call.

Please give this a shot... it's free money that's owed back to you in return for your service.:dance

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Re: Apply now for Servicemember Civil Relief Act (SCRA) Benefits

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy24 View Post
    I'm trying to pass the word out on this as much as I can. This is not a joke. I've been in the Air Force for 19 years now and I seriously doubted this when I first heard it...

Everyone needs to contact their credit card banks, except for USAA, and ask for SCRA benefits. (I established all of my lines of credit after I enlisted so they don't have to be accounts prior to your enlistment.) They should lower your APR down to 6% and refund you back the interest you've paid in the past that was over 6%. Your APR stays at 6% as long as you're AD. They will also refund any late fees that you've paid in the past and will not charge you late fees again as long as you're AD.

I've contacted all of my creditors and I've had success with all of them, except for USAA who requires that you're actually deployed instead of just on active duty.

You're not going to lose anything for asking. Many of the banks just need a copy of your LES or PCS orders to show that you're AD. All it takes is usually an e-mail or a fax and a phone call.

Please give this a shot... it's free money that's owed back to you in return for your service.:dance
    From what I just read on military.com it is still on debts incurred PRIOR to service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    From what I just read on military.com it is still on debts incurred PRIOR to service.
    Yep, this applies to debt incurred prior to service, but is also applicable for deployed folks.
    “To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.” - Unknown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No... all of my debts were incurred after joining and I'm not currently deployed. Don't be fooled... you do qualify for this. I convinced everyone in my office to apply and we've all had success with our requests. We're talking about free money and a great APR just for asking for it... Imagine your 22% APR being reduced to 6% for the rest of your career. Chase and Capital One even have webpages set up to make it easier to apply. I didn't even have to submit anything to Chase. They have access to our DEERS records to prove you're active duty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, it's Captial One that has DEERS access and Chase just needs your LES or PCS orders...

Here is the link for Capital One:
    http://www.capitalone.com/legal/serv...il-relief-act/

Here are the instructions for Chase:
    - Log into your Chase account (if you have a closed account, call Chase directly)
    - Under Secure Message Center you will see "Inbox" and "Send new message"
    - Click on "Send new message"
    - At the bottom under "Inquires" you will see "Military- Service members Civil Relief Act benefits" with a drop down menu
    - Select "SCRA- Submit Military Orders/Documentation" and click on GO
    - Enter a message asking for SCRA benefits and provide your SSN and upload your supporting doc (orders, DD214, etc)
    - Hit send and wait for them to validate your request (4-5 weeks)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For all you doubters... that's fine, it's your money... and their profits...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let me see... I've got nothing. I'll just go with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DWWSWWD View Post
    How do I say nicely that I think you're full of shit? Let me see... I've got nothing. I'll just go with that.
    Your loss

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy24 View Post
    Your loss
    Yep, and if you click on this link, Bill Gates will send you a check for $10,000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

6% is a great APR? My car is 1.99%. 22%? I pay my bills...
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    Rules for the sake of rules makes for mindless policy and engenders a lack of respect for those who enact and enforce them.