Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No more IDP for the Deid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No more IDP for the Deid

DoD finally cut something that should have been cut long ago. It would be nice if they would cut more wasteful things like this and leave our retirement alone.

http://www.stripes.com/news/dod-anno...r-pay-1.260479

The following land areas and the airspace above them were decertified: Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Serbia and Montenegro.

The following land areas were decertified: East Timor, Haiti, Liberia, Oman, Rwanda, Tajikistan, United Arab Emirates, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: No more IDP for the Deid

Sweet! Now I am anxiously awaiting half of my Facebook friends to post about how "Obama did this" because he hates the military.

P.S. My only disagreement with the list. "Countries with continued IDP Designation" Afghan, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Pakistan, Somalia Basin, Syria, Turkey, Yemen.

Why is Turkey still on this list? When was the last time Incirillik came under attack?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    Sweet! Now I am anxiously awaiting half of my Facebook friends to post about how "Obama did this" because he hates the military.

P.S. My only disagreement with the list. "Countries with continued IDP Designation" Afghan, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Pakistan, Somalia Basin, Syria, Turkey, Yemen.

Why is Turkey still on this list? When was the last time Incirillik came under attack?
    Funny how everyone complains about government waste and then when something gets cut that is acutally needed, "Fartbongo!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree with Turkey being on the list.

Anyhow, this is good news. I am glad. And I, too, await the Facebook orgasm of "Omg Hussein Obama is destroying our military!"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    I agree with Turkey being on the list.

Anyhow, this is good news. I am glad. And I, too, await the Facebook orgasm of "Omg Hussein Obama is destroying our military!"
    You agree with Turkey still being a designated IDP area? Is "the alley" really that dangerous? Also, why are you allowed to bring dependants to an Imminent Danger area?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You agree with Turkey still being a designated IDP area? Is "the alley" really that dangerous? Also, why are you allowed to bring dependants to an Imminent Danger area?
    Yes, I am. I won't debate the merits of IDP for Turkey vs. Qatar but they are definitely there.

I'll answer your "families and IDP" question if you can answer for me why Finance continues to dick-around with my allotments. :smashfreakB:

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

True story. Rainmaker was bit by a stray dog in the alley next to the spaghetti restaurant during Operation Provide Per Diem II. Had to get rabies shots. Contrary to popular beleef you don't get 279 shots in the stomach anymore. but, that pink stuff they give you in the ass on the 2nd and 3rd week of the series Is no joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Beats the hell out of me why Turkey is still on there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    Beats the hell out of me why Turkey is still on there.
    If you've ever had a Turkish Chicken Donner with unrefrigerated, day-old mayonnaise on a 100 degree day, then you'd understand why need to keep IDP. Enough said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why could they be in harms way? the "lik" is close enough to the Syria border region where all the refugees and "freedom fighters" have their camps. I believe the US also moved some Patriot batteries into SE Turkey. And don't forget about the Turkish Kurds - I'm not sure they are friendly towards the USA.

JR