Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: No more IDP for the Deid

  1. #1
    Senior Member grimreaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    4th Dimension
    Posts
    753
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    No more IDP for the Deid

    DoD finally cut something that should have been cut long ago. It would be nice if they would cut more wasteful things like this and leave our retirement alone.

    http://www.stripes.com/news/dod-anno...r-pay-1.260479

    The following land areas and the airspace above them were decertified: Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Serbia and Montenegro.

    The following land areas were decertified: East Timor, Haiti, Liberia, Oman, Rwanda, Tajikistan, United Arab Emirates, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dayon, Ohio
    Posts
    1,244
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: No more IDP for the Deid

    Sweet! Now I am anxiously awaiting half of my Facebook friends to post about how "Obama did this" because he hates the military.


    P.S. My only disagreement with the list. "Countries with continued IDP Designation" Afghan, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Pakistan, Somalia Basin, Syria, Turkey, Yemen.

    Why is Turkey still on this list? When was the last time Incirillik came under attack?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    the moon
    Posts
    337
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more IDP for the Deid

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    Sweet! Now I am anxiously awaiting half of my Facebook friends to post about how "Obama did this" because he hates the military.


    P.S. My only disagreement with the list. "Countries with continued IDP Designation" Afghan, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Pakistan, Somalia Basin, Syria, Turkey, Yemen.

    Why is Turkey still on this list? When was the last time Incirillik came under attack?
    Funny how everyone complains about government waste and then when something gets cut that is acutally needed, "Fartbongo!"

  4. #4
    Senior Member BOSS302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Highlands
    Posts
    801
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more IDP for the Deid

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    Sweet! Now I am anxiously awaiting half of my Facebook friends to post about how "Obama did this" because he hates the military.


    P.S. My only disagreement with the list. "Countries with continued IDP Designation" Afghan, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Pakistan, Somalia Basin, Syria, Turkey, Yemen.

    Why is Turkey still on this list? When was the last time Incirillik came under attack?
    I agree with Turkey being on the list.

    Anyhow, this is good news. I am glad. And I, too, await the Facebook orgasm of "Omg Hussein Obama is destroying our military!"

  5. #5
    Senior Member grimreaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    4th Dimension
    Posts
    753
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more IDP for the Deid

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    Sweet! Now I am anxiously awaiting half of my Facebook friends to post about how "Obama did this" because he hates the military.


    P.S. My only disagreement with the list. "Countries with continued IDP Designation" Afghan, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Pakistan, Somalia Basin, Syria, Turkey, Yemen.

    Why is Turkey still on this list? When was the last time Incirillik came under attack?
    Beats the hell out of me why Turkey is still on there.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dayon, Ohio
    Posts
    1,244
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: No more IDP for the Deid

    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    I agree with Turkey being on the list.

    Anyhow, this is good news. I am glad. And I, too, await the Facebook orgasm of "Omg Hussein Obama is destroying our military!"
    You agree with Turkey still being a designated IDP area? Is "the alley" really that dangerous? Also, why are you allowed to bring dependants to an Imminent Danger area?

  7. #7
    Senior Member BENDER56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    At the beach, out of reach
    Posts
    561
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: No more IDP for the Deid

    This is just wrong!

    I'm still being treated for PTSD from the horror of getting caught walking to the Cadillac in my shower shoes at 0300.
    "Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    ~Mignon McLaughlin

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more IDP for the Deid

    Remember, there WAS a suicide/car bombing at the U.S. Embassy in Turkey back in Feb 2013. I'm sure that factured into that decision.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...5f6_story.html

    I wouldn't call Turkey super dangerous per se, but it isn't puppies and kittens over there either.

  9. #9
    Senior Member BOSS302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Highlands
    Posts
    801
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more IDP for the Deid

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    You agree with Turkey still being a designated IDP area? Is "the alley" really that dangerous? Also, why are you allowed to bring dependants to an Imminent Danger area?
    Yes, I am. I won't debate the merits of IDP for Turkey vs. Qatar but they are definitely there.

    I'll answer your "families and IDP" question if you can answer for me why Finance continues to dick-around with my allotments. :smashfreakB:

  10. #10
    Senior Member BOSS302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Highlands
    Posts
    801
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more IDP for the Deid

    Quote Originally Posted by BENDER56 View Post
    This is just wrong!

    I'm still being treated for PTSD from the horror of getting caught walking to the Cadillac in my shower shoes at 0300.
    I once had to share my F-150 with someone when driving to work in the mornings. I still get night terrors from it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •