Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early Retirement and VA Disability Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Early Retirement and VA Disability Question

Quote Originally Posted by VFFTSGT View Post
    There is no auto anything with the VA.... I was rated 10% for Hiatal Hernia with GERD. I do not believe I was rated appropriately according to the law (Title 38) and considering appeal.

Use the wrong word, use a different word, the provider doesn't check the right box, the rater doesn't review something right, etc. and your claim will be rated wrong. One word can make the difference between a good and bad rating.

Some conditions are not listed in the chart. Those conditions are rated analogously with conditions on this chart.

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx....1.1.5&idno=38
    10% for Hiatal Hernia with GERD I was rated the same. I did a simple NOD (notice of disagreement.) The VA will low ball you every time. I appealed mine and my rating was changed to 30 percent. Please look at the date of the letter you have one year from the date to file an appeal. If you do not you will lose all rights to appeal. I will gladly help you out a email you a sample NOD you just fill in the blanks. PM me your email.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RetC141BFCC View Post
    Also do not take NO for an answer. Look the VA turns down about 40 percent of the claims. They also like to give 0 percent awards. As I retire you need 50 percent in order to get both your pension and VA disability. There is a great website run by Vets for Vets. It is totally free. Again just remember if the VA turns you down and you do not appeal within 1 year you lose that claim. I will help anybody here with a appeal its real simple to do. I do a lot of volunteer work with Vets screwed over by the VA just PM me and I will help you.
    website I would like you all to review is
    www.hadit.com
    Tell them Jim Mac sent you
    Yeah, that is a good website. There is also http://vets.yuku.com

I sent you a PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RetC141BFCC View Post
    Also do not take NO for an answer. Look the VA turns down about 40 percent of the claims. They also like to give 0 percent awards. As I retire you need 50 percent in order to get both your pension and VA disability. There is a great website run by Vets for Vets. It is totally free. Again just remember if the VA turns you down and you do not appeal within 1 year you lose that claim. I will help anybody here with a appeal its real simple to do. I do a lot of volunteer work with Vets screwed over by the VA just PM me and I will help you.
    website I would like you all to review is
    www.hadit.com
    Tell them Jim Mac sent you
    Yeah that is a good website!

I sent you a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VFFTSGT View Post
    Yeah that is a good website!

I sent you a PM!
    Sent you a email sorry took a few days very busy at work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sample NOD for anyone use any questions PM me
    Department Of Veterans Affairs
    VA Regional Office
    (116 N Jefferson Street
    THE ADDRESS OF THE OFFICE YOU RECEIVED THE LETTER FROM
    Roanoke VA 24016)

Dear Sir

Reply to xxxxx ( PUT WHAT EVER NUMBER IS ON YOUR LETTER)
    CCS PUT YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER HERE
    YOUR NAME HERE IE John . Smith (IF MIDDLE INTIAL PUT HERE)

1, I received your letter dated PUT THE DATE YOU RECEIVED THE LETTER. Consider this letter to be official notice of disagreement. I wish that the claims officer use Sec. 4.3 Resolution of reasonable doubt. It is the defined and consistently applied policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs to administer the law under a broad interpretation consistent, however, with the facts shown in every case. When after careful consideration of all procurable and assembled data, a reasonable doubt arises regarding the degree of disability such doubt will be resolved in favor of the claimant. 2, The proposal for reduction of my left and right elbow with bursitis is unwarranted. I have flare ups on my elbows two to three times a month. A condition is required to be rated on its normal day not its best day.

3. My current rating for Hiatal Hernia with GERD is 10 percent. This rating is way too low.

4, I am appealing the denial of my (xxxxxxxXXX). Use this for any condition you are claiming if more than one list them separately

5, I have not worked nor can I work due to my service connected injuries. I am requesting IU at this time. This is for anybody who is not working due to service connected disability.

6, Thank you in advance for your help in this matter

V/R

John Q. Public
    VA File Number put your SSN number here

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why can I only post in this section of the forums