Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Air Force Band

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Air Force Band

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo432 View Post
    That means we can keep the Commissaries!! Why the hell did Elmendorf, Hanscom, & Robins have bands anyway?
    What else is there to do in elmendorf, Hanscom, & Robins?

Jk
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo432 View Post
    That means we can keep the Commissaries!! Why the hell did Elmendorf, Hanscom, & Robins have bands anyway?
    The band at Robins had a drum, fife and bagpipe section that used to perform tattoos. It was actually a pretty awesome performance. I guess the band at Langley continues to do those ceremonies so it isn't lost completely

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exactly what is the purpose of the bands? Something long past it's us, same as the All ranks Clubs. Just get rid of them and put everyone back to work...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you know that everyone who is accepted to the USAF Band in Washington DC is automatically promoted to TSgt.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Bands are important guys! When the Titanic sank the band stayed on board and kept playing. We need to do the same with the AF. Even though it is sinking the band must play!

SW of Hou a ways or 18m near Clovis NM., CannonAFB.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Je vous salut Marie, pleine de grace, que le seigneur soit avec vous que Jesus, le fruit de vos entrailles soit béni. Sainte Marie mère de dieu priez pour nous pauvres pêcheurs . Notre père qui est aux cieux que ton nom soit sanctifier, que ton reigne vienne et que ta volontée soit faite sur terre comme au ciel. Donnes nous notre pain quotidien et pardonnes nous nos pêchers comme nous pardonnons aussi à ceux qui nous ont offenser. Au nom du père, du fils et du saint d'espri...Amen.
    "Last one out of the Orderly Rm, switch off this light".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Did you know that everyone who is accepted to the USAF Band in Washington DC is automatically promoted to TSgt.
    While I don't see the necessity for base wide bands and whatnot, the USAF band itself is actually comprised of people with a lot of education and experience in their field. It's no different (IMO) than commissioning an officer with 4 years of college. In fact, a lot of the members of the USAF band have at least a Masters degree.

With that said, I'd like to reiterate that I think base wide bands are useless.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TSgt"M" View Post
    If you haven't seen it, check out the Air Force band flash mob at the Smithsonion. Google it and you'll find many hits. (don't know how to embed) Marry Christmas everyone.
    LOL! The fact that you not only emphasized "Christ", but also misspelled "Merry" speaks volumes. Thanks for making my day. Happy holidays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatbringer View Post
    LOL! The fact that you not only emphasized "Christ", but also misspelled "Merry" speaks volumes. Thanks for making my day. Happy holidays.
    I see what you did there.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jshiver15 View Post
    While I don't see the necessity for base wide bands and whatnot, the USAF band itself is actually comprised of people with a lot of education and experience in their field. It's no different (IMO) than commissioning an officer with 4 years of college. In fact, a lot of the members of the USAF band have at least a Masters degree.

With that said, I'd like to reiterate that I think base wide bands are useless.
    There haven't been base-wide bands since the early 90's. The current regional bands are tied to MAJCOMs. The degree has nothing to do with the rank they get, it's the members skill; Yes, education and experience has a lot to do with that, but there are some band members who have a natural talent and have been able to pass the audition without a music degree. But the audition is equivalent to passing your 7-level, successful auditionees are given the rank commensurate to their skill.

In fact, the Air Force places more weight and credibility towards a member getting a CCAF than if they already have an Associates, Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral degree.