Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Afghanistan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Greetings from Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    Plus, whatever happened to those services doing their own jobs?
    Ha...you tell me! To busy designing new camo patterns and uniforms back in the states so Airmen have to pick up the slack.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    Berettas are way better...glocks are ugly. I have a mag now...in fact I have two since I have a 92FS at home and I went home and grabbed two on the way to the airport. And who are you are u anyway? Don't tell me glocks are better...they look like water pistols.
    Yeah that must be why only 70% of US Law Enforcement carry Glocks, not the water gun thing, but it goes bang when the trigger is pulled. To quote Deputy US Marshall Sam Garrard, "Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel-plated sissy pistol."

On a serious note, I'm glad you don't have a single shot.
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo432 View Post
    Yeah that must be why only 70% of US Law Enforcement carry Glocks, not the water gun thing, but it goes bang when the trigger is pulled. To quote Deputy US Marshall Sam Garrard, "Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel-plated sissy pistol."

I respect your opinion of the Glock, it's a fine weapon but the 70% thing is more economics than anything else. If it were purely because of function and reliability there are many more guns (including the Beretta) which would be fine choices. The hunt for the 'perfect' handgun has been going on forever.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    I respect your opinion of the Glock, it's a fine weapon but the 70% thing is more economics than anything else. If it were purely because of function and reliability there are many more guns (including the Beretta) which would be fine choices. The hunt for the 'perfect' handgun has been going on forever.
    Until they invent the Phaser like on Star Trek your hunt will continue. Weight/size/capacity/stopping-power/concealability/accuracy. My wife has the Taurus version of the Beretta Bearcat, so I can't speak too bad of them. I am partial to Glocks, when I carry its a G26. If ever ever need it my 1911 would be a better choice but if I knew I'd need it I'd just avoid that area.
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey Marine...you guys haven't done much to help win this thing over here either. In fact...I am gonna walk over to Leatherneck right now and tell those marines to pull their heads out of their asses and start killing some taliban.
    Don't you know the current ROE says that instead of killing the taliban...you gotta hug it out with them.
    The state tends to expand in proportion to its means of existence and to live beyond its means, and these are, in the last analysis, nothing but the substance of the people. Woe to the people that cannot limit the sphere of action of the state! Freedom, private enterprise, wealth, happiness, independence, personal dignity, all vanish. - Frederic Bastiat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellJD1969 View Post
    Don't you know the current ROE says that instead of killing the taliban...you gotta hug it out with them.
    Hey wait a minute! Why isn't he following the advice of the clown (per AF Cynic) with the handbag (that Doc B is wondering about) on how to defeat the taliban.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo432 View Post
    LOL...If you were here you'd probably wish I had none. I get by...but I'm not the greatest shot with a handgun
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL...If you were here you'd probably wish I had none. I get by...but I'm not the greatest shot with a handgun
    Hopefully that won't become an issue. Always being with people with rifles could help with the problem. If not, it'll go bang 15 times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ha...you tell me! To busy designing new camo patterns and uniforms back in the states so Airmen have to pick up the slack.
    Too^

airmen^^

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I am hardly likely to give up my location in this forum. That intel is vital to the Taliban so I ain't giving it up. And no all you wise-asses, I am not working for AAFES. Seriously, I don't know why I bother coming halfway around the world to fix all your guys fuck-ups. And I carry a Barretta...with no magazines because my home station was to broke to give me magazines. So I only get one shot...it's all I need anyways.
    Who said the long war was over? Thank God Bruwin's back on the job. and Rainmaker still can't belee Uncle Sam replaced the 1911 ACP wiff that POS Italian pee shooter no wonder we can't win a war.