Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Afghanistan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Greetings from Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    A Barretta? Isn't that something you use in your hair?
    Better than a glock....Baretta's look sexier. Which being a former AF member, is all I really care about. I really don't care if it shoots well.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    Better than a glock....Baretta's look sexier. Which being a former AF member, is all I really care about. I really don't care if it shoots well.
    (whispering).......Bru....it is called a Beretta

And, yes it does shoot well.

Stay well brother.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CYBERFX1024 View Post
    Where in Afghan are you? What company did you go with?
    I am with the Army...like the other four other deployments I was on before I retired. People wonder why I am a cynical when it comes to the AF. Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't be where I am today without the AF...but damn lets get some priorities. After working with the Army and Marines for awhile the AF just invites cynicism in it's ranks. Sending people out with no magazines for their weapon? Seriously? And it wasn't just me...the Airmen I was with too got nadda as well. I don't know why it bugs me....but it bugs me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    (whispering).......Bru....it is called a Beretta

And, yes it does shoot well.

Stay well brother.
    HA...and I actually own a Beretta and I can't spell it, but I can spin that puppy on my finger like no tommorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure of your current status, but you must not be subject to drug testing if you're making a statement like Berettas being better than a Glock. Then again, if you don't care how it shoots, having no mags shouldn't be a big deal. It'll be maybe a half-pound lighter, or are you guys still going around with no mag in the weapon?

Single-shot pistols (a Beretta without a magazine is a single-shot) became obsolete when Sam Colt invented the revolver. Just sayin...
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I partially pulled a commando deployment once because they had no fire resistant underwear available for me at the time I shipped out. I still like to talk about the time I was commando downrange.

Truthfully I couldn't stand not to wear undies so I used my regular, non-fire resistant clothing until the fire resistent stuff was shipped to me.

But yes, it drives me nuts the AF ships us out to do a Soldier or a Marine's job and doesn't adequately train or equip us for it. Plus, whatever happened to those services doing their own jobs?

Even on AF taskings they sometimes ship us out without the proper gear. I had a troop in Krgyzstan get medevaced out with pneumonia since his homestation didn't see fit to send him out with winter boots for a tasking that was over the winter. Also the clinic sent him home with a cold pack three times regardless of the fact you could hear his voice was thin and reedy (a sure sign of pneumonia & if you've heard it before you know what it is when you hear it again).
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HA...and I actually own a Beretta and I can't spell it, but I can spin that puppy on my finger like no tommorrow.
    Guess it's a good thing there's no mag in it...
    Disclaimer: All names, dates and locations have been changed in order to protect the guilty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC0341 View Post
    Guess it's a good thing there's no mag in it...
    Hey Marine...you guys haven't done much to help win this thing over here either. In fact...I am gonna walk over to Leatherneck right now and tell those marines to pull their heads out of their asses and start killing some taliban.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo432 View Post
    I'm not sure of your current status, but you must not be subject to drug testing if you're making a statement like Berettas being better than a Glock. Single-shot pistols (a Beretta without a magazine is a single-shot) became obsolete when Sam Colt invented the revolver. Just sayin...
    Berettas are way better...glocks are ugly. I have a mag now...in fact I have two since I have a 92FS at home and I went home and grabbed two on the way to the airport. And who are you are u anyway? Don't tell me glocks are better...they look like water pistols.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Practice your quick draw. The Army and Marines will love that (not to mention the locals).

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself