Thread: What Will Be the Future of US Involvement in Afghanistan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What Will Be the Future of US Involvement in Afghanistan

To my recollection, one of the solid promises of the Obama 2012 Campaign was to withdraw from Afghanistan by the end of 2014, in contrast to his GOP opponents who favored ambiguous deadlines. But is this a solid promise, or just smoke and mirrors?

Afghan Drone Strikes Continue as Security Agreements Proceed:http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/30/wo...MqJrczEBwh2s0w

What are your thoughts?
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: What Will Be the Future of US Involvement in Afghanistan

I'm a skeptic when they say we are responsible for the death of a child. I've seen it many time, coalition troops get engaged, pursue the individual then drop the house the guy ran into. Who really is responsible for that child's death?

Are our troops supposed to say oh well he ran away. Or should pursue? If they continue to handcuff our troops then pull them out.

I understand scaling back to allow afghans to start taking over, but lets be serious. It will be back to the way it was 20 yrs ago. We are simply postponing the inevitable. The more Karzai (the most corrupt person over there) pushes the more ammo we have to just leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will be honest I don’t think we need to be there. I think we needed to go in Kill as many terrorist as we could kill the HMFIC and leave. The US Military is not designed to be Nation Builders it is designed to break things and kill people. Also if we are going to go to war then let’s go to war. Stop doing half ass shit. Go to war like we did in WW2 stop having lawyers Monday morning quarterback every decision made in the field. If an armed enemy runs into the house blew the house up. Stop pussyfooting around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RetC141BFCC View Post
    I will be honest I don’t think we need to be there. I think we needed to go in Kill as many terrorist as we could kill the HMFIC and leave. The US Military is not designed to be Nation Builders it is designed to break things and kill people. Also if we are going to go to war then let’s go to war. Stop doing half ass shit. Go to war like we did in WW2 stop having lawyers Monday morning quarterback every decision made in the field. If an armed enemy runs into the house blew the house up. Stop pussyfooting around.

What he said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"In a public meeting in the city of Herat on Wednesday, the American ambassador, James B. Cunningham, reminded listeners that even Mr. Karzaiā€™s handpicked loya jirga, composed of about 2,500 leaders from around the country, had urged him to sign the agreement quickly."

How much longer will Karzai be standing? Who is his security force?