Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Idiots at the gym.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Idiots at the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo432 View Post
    Every gym is required to have a "weird old guy". The same is true with subdivisions. We have one, I don't think its me. :biggrin ainkiller
    We've got one here at Hill. Tall and lanky fellow who is well muscled and about 2% body fat. Okay, he's fit but I've never seen anyone who seemed to put so much effort into speed walking and oblique crunches without actually doing anything. He used to be really bad about taking up three or four pieces of equipment and leaving them all sweaty but someone finally got on his ass about it.

Unless you need it for your job, if you bring your cell phone to your workout to chat with people, you're a douchebag. Music is a different matter.

If you need to bring your whole huge gym bag along to every machine, you're a douchebag. Use a locker.

We have yoga classes here and it's a nice way to cool down after a workout. However, if you smell like a bag of ass then hit the showers first. Yoga classes are often close quarters affairs and nobody wants to smell you.

Lay off the damned perfume and cologne! If you spray a ton of it on before a workout, you're a douchebag. If you use it to cover up the 'bag of ass' smell before yoga, you're a stupid douchebag.

If you see the gym as more of a dating scene, you're a douchebag. This goes equally for both sexes too. To the woman who likes to get all dolled up for her 'workout' only to go walking around the indoor track, we get it. You're out trawling for a guy because your hubby is deployed. Sorry babe but you're already known as the base housing door knob.

Speaking of the indoor track, run in the running lane and walk in the walking lane! If you're a walker and you decide the running lane is good for you then please don't act all surprised when you get a body checked like Wayne Gretzky. If you're running and need to stop, move to the side or into the walking lane. Otherwise, you're a douchebag.

I've got a whole mess of these kinds of things on my facebook page. Most are common sense and some are more location specific but you get the idea.
    For the record I am not: AF Communicator, Comm Guy, Comm Chief, CommGuy, CommGuy 72, COMMGUY8, Comm_Guy, Comm_O or satcomman.

I doubt anyone else cares but it was bothering me. Is there an OCD emoticon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you post pictures on facebook of yourself at the gym, Douchebag.

Some guys use the same clothes all week (or more) to work out in without washing. The particular guy I have in mind has BO before he works out. I'd hate to be his coworker after a workout. Douchebag.

I see a piece of equipment that has been vacant for at least 5 minutes. I go to change plates and some circuit trainer douche comes over and says "I'm using that".

Luckily when I was active duty, I used the "pilots gym" across the street. Usually I was the only one there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If your biceps are more developed than the rest of your muscle groups, douchebag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 71Fish View Post
    I see a piece of equipment that has been vacant for at least 5 minutes. I go to change plates and some circuit trainer douche comes over and says "I'm using that".
    SO MUCH THIS!!!

I was at the gym on a dead day and someone had left keys on a machine. I did my thing and finally got done with most of it. So, I go to get on that last machine and Capt. Douchebag walks in saying, "I'm using that." I replied, "No you're not. You've been in the other room chatting for the past thirty minutes." These over important twerps deflate fast when you call them on their bullshit.
    For the record I am not: AF Communicator, Comm Guy, Comm Chief, CommGuy, CommGuy 72, COMMGUY8, Comm_Guy, Comm_O or satcomman.

I doubt anyone else cares but it was bothering me. Is there an OCD emoticon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If your biceps are more developed than the rest of your muscle groups, douchebag.
    I always pick on this friend who benches 430+ but has chicken legs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    I have a strong dislike for random Brahs who walk up while you're using a machine or a bench and ask, "Hey bro are you almost done with that?"

I believe I've told this story before; it happened while I was at Osan last year. These CrossFit brozillas were doing their bullshit in the weightroom. They had put mats in almost every power rack and both squat racks, and they were doing bullshit circuit workouts. Now please remember that Osan has a dedicated CrossFit room for these fools to do this stuff in. A couple of guys, including myself, had asked them to take their workout elsewhere; they just blew us off. I did the most Alpha Male thing I could think of - I tattled on them.

The little A1C chick from the front desk came into the room and asked them to stop it; they ignored her as well. She disappears, comes back five minutes later with a rather large, black, male MSgt. The CrossFitters vacated in a quick and disorderly fashion.

I believe every Air Force gym could do with one dedicated black , angry male MSgt.
    We've got the angry retired German dudes to keep those chodes in check. They're pretty damn effective.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AF Comm Guy View Post
    Unless you need it for your job, if you bring your cell phone to your workout to chat with people, you're a douchebag. Music is a different matter.
    I had just finished a set and was sitting on the edge of the bench while looking at my phone and heard some Soldier mumble to his friend that I was a "faggy texter" who should spend more time working out and less time texting. What he didn't realize is that I had saved a document detailing my exact workout prior to coming to the gym and I was annotating that I met my goal on that particular exercise. It took me less than 15 seconds to pull my phone out, make the annotation, and then put my phone back in my pocket. Then I turned around and saw him struggling to push 155lbs on the decline bench while I had just pushed out 245lb 8 times on the inclined bench.

Also . . he was wearing a Tapout shirt and had full sleeve tattoos. I guess I could have saved a decent amount of time just telling you all that to illustrate what a douchebag this guy was.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 71Fish View Post
    I always pick on this friend who benches 430+ but has chicken legs.
    I was deployed with a guy who could warm up with my personal best weight on the bench, but had skinny ass legs. He kept getting called out on it by some of the Soldiers he worked with until they came into our gym one day and saw him squatting 500lbs for reps. Granted, the guy was 6'3", so his legs just *looked* skinny, but he was definitely a beast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AF Comm Guy View Post

Speaking of the indoor track, run in the running lane and walk in the walking lane! If you're a walker and you decide the running lane is good for you then please don't act all surprised when you get a body checked like Wayne Gretzky. If you're running and need to stop, move to the side or into the walking lane. Otherwise, you're a douchebag.
    Not to be "that guy", but Gretzky very rarely took a hard hit. A more appropriate reference would have been Eric Lindros. Just sayin'.:smirk:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    Ive been checking out the planet fitness thing. They don't consider themselves a gym, per say, but a fitness chain. Their market looks to be the more casual user, hence the lunk alarm, etc.
    If you're a serious lifter planet fitness probably isn't for you.
    When I was looking around for a gym I looked at Planet Fitness, LA Fitness, and 24HR Fitness at it was to much like a fitness chain for me. The majority of the people that go there are the ones that go just to make themselves feel good, and want all the amenities that go along with it. When I went to check out Gold's Gym, the lady asked me if I wanted to see the sauna and the steam room, I told her "No, I don't want to see them" she said to my verbatim "Good, because we don't have them here" It really made me laugh but it sealed the deal for me to buy a whole year worth of membership.

I have been going for about 3 weeks now, and I really like it. Not alot of gym idiots that go there, and everyone keeps to themselves while working out.