Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Idiots at the gym.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Idiots at the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    I think it's a great idea. I also like pizza. Work hard enough to eat a few slices. Then work out till you vomit. That way it's not an eating disorder it's a workout routine.
    Like I said, to each their own. I really think it's counter-intuitive and it sets a bad precedent for what working out means for us as individuals. But hey, many people find success in it so who am I to tell them how to live their life?
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jshiver15 View Post
    They have what's called a "lunk" alarm, so if you drop the weights or grunt too loud an alarm is sounded and you're warned or kicked out after enough infractions. I think it's a bit excessive . . especially considering the same gym sponsors pizza parties. Seems pretty counter-intuitive.

Granted, nobody likes someone who excessively slams weights or grunts, either. To each their own.
    THAT's what he said it was............Lunk Alarm. He actually had it activated when he accidently dropped a barbell a little too hard.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At my old gym I went to in the 90's, we actually had a basement for serious, big weight lifting. This doubled as the place for screamers to work out in.

My current gym has some screamers; I always have headphones in and I hear them over my music. Meanwhile screamer dude is benching like 185 screaming and next to him is a quite as a mouse guy repping 275 like its nothing. Looks ridiculous.
    Disclaimer: All names, dates and locations have been changed in order to protect the guilty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you enter a large common room completely empty except for 1 person working out on a mat in the corner and listening to headphones, don't set up right next to said individual and talk loudly to your buddy. Otherwise you're a douchebag

Also don't set up a dvd for two people and blast it in the room, forcing the other dozen people using it to flee to am empty handball court to hear themselves think. Bi-diouchebags

Report broken or malfunctioning equipment to the front desk, so they can, you know fix it. Don't just leave, or your a douchebag.

Don't moan loudly and after every rep while lying on the floor with your legs spread apart if you're female (yes this happened).
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    If you enter a large common room completely empty except for 1 person working out on a mat in the corner and listening to headphones, don't set up right next to said individual and talk loudly to your buddy. Otherwise you're a douchebag

Also don't set up a dvd for two people and blast it in the room, forcing the other dozen people using it to flee to am empty handball court to hear themselves think. Bi-diouchebags

Report broken or malfunctioning equipment to the front desk, so they can, you know fix it. Don't just leave, or your a douchebag.

Don't moan loudly and after every rep while lying on the floor with your legs spread apart if you're female (yes this happened).
    Thought you were going somewhere else with that.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I have got to admit to being a moaner in the gym, especially when someone is spotting me and helping me squeeze out that very last possible rep.

How the fuck else are you going to communicate with your spotter?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    I have got to admit to being a moaner in the gym, especially when someone is spotting me and helping me squeeze out that very last possible rep.

How the fuck else are you going to communicate with your spotter?
    There's a difference between "eeeehhrrrr" of effort and "oooaaahhhh". If she's tired she should say "whew" or something. I'm just saying it was really, really distracting. I tried cranking up my headphones but she was loud, too. Falls under the consideration of others category.

Also people who wear inappropriate clothing (men with short shorts and no underwear or women wearing no bra). Please, please stop.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Weird old guy comes to my gym to stretch... Mostly stretches you don't want to see old guys doing. Everytime I think to myself, really? Couldn't do that at home? I don't want to see you doing dirty dogs and sky humpers.

Also, guys that have to walk the length of the wall mirrors while pretending to not check themselves out, do you think everyone thinks you're just going for a stroll everytime you finish a set? Eye fuck yourself when you go home weirdo.
    Disclaimer: All names, dates and locations have been changed in order to protect the guilty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC0341 View Post
    Weird old guy comes to my gym to stretch... Mostly stretches you don't want to see old guys doing. Everytime I think to myself, really? Couldn't do that at home? I don't want to see you doing dirty dogs and sky humpers.

Also, guys that have to walk the length of the wall mirrors while pretending to not check themselves out, do you think everyone thinks you're just going for a stroll everytime you finish a set? Eye fuck yourself when you go home weirdo.
    Every gym is required to have a "weird old guy". The same is true with subdivisions. We have one, I don't think its me. :biggrin ainkiller
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    THAT's what he said it was............Lunk Alarm. He actually had it activated when he accidently dropped a barbell a little too hard.
    You can check out a multitude of YouTube videos of guys antagonizing the staff at Planet Fitness. See also: LA Fitness.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer