Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Idiots at the gym.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Re: Idiots at the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by CYBERFX1024 View Post
    I am happily married as well but I still want to try and look decent for her and myself, also it gives me at least 1 hour of me time a day. That desperately helps me to stay sane with work, 3 kids, and school going on.

I am rated right now due to PTSD issues and believe it or not but going to the gym helps me relieve some pent up stress as well. I have other claims in that the VA has deferred my rating on.

I use a majority of my disability pay on emergency supplies.
    Wasn't judging, and comment about disability had nothing to do with you specifically. I realize that being "disabled" according to the VA has nothing to do with actually being disabled. I actually wish they had another term for it.

I used to like the gym for stress relief. But I have no kids and no job so not a whole lot of stress...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    Yup, there are free weight rooms, cardio, and crossfit area.
    Interesting...or by "crossfit" area do you mean an area with a variety of different machines? Like a weight room? That's what we used to call it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Wasn't judging, and comment about disability had nothing to do with you specifically. I realize that being "disabled" according to the VA has nothing to do with actually being disabled. I actually wish they had another term for it.
    I wish there was another term for it honestly. Because as soon as I say that people look at me weird like "Disability? Why does he have that or is he trying to game the system". It's worse when they hear it's for PTSD and they look at you like you are crazy or like you are going to all of a sudden freak out on them.

But honestly I just filed my VA claim so that everything is annotated and known by them, I didn't expect to get a rating out of it. I just didn't want something to pop up like 20-30 years down the line and they give you remark "If this has been bothering you for so long, why didn't you file a claim sooner?".

But you served your time and now you get to enjoy your retirement. So have a good one.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CYBERFX1024 View Post
    I wish there was another term for it honestly. Because as soon as I say that people look at me weird like "Disability? Why does he have that or is he trying to game the system". It's worse when they hear it's for PTSD and they look at you like you are crazy or like you are going to all of a sudden freak out on them.

But honestly I just filed my VA claim so that everything is annotated and known by them, I didn't expect to get a rating out of it. I just didn't want something to pop up like 20-30 years down the line and they give you remark "If this has been bothering you for so long, why didn't you file a claim sooner?".

But you served your time and now you get to enjoy your retirement. So have a good one.
    Agree...20-30 years from now is what I'm worried about too. Just had back surgery two days ago for a herniated disc. Luckily it tracks back to when I was in.

On a tangent, it's kinda funny and shows how base doctors immediately think you are trying to do nothing other than get out of PT. I saw my doctor while I was in about nerve problems and leg weakness. She said I just needed to strengthen my muscles and wouldn't even refer me for an MRI. Within 6 months of getting out I find out I have a disc that is completely gone and another one that is severely damaged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agree...20-30 years from now is what I'm worried about too. Just had back surgery two days ago for a herniated disc. Luckily it tracks back to when I was in.
    On a tangent, it's kinda funny and shows how base doctors immediately think you are trying to do nothing other than get out of PT. I saw my doctor while I was in about nerve problems and leg weakness. She said I just needed to strengthen my muscles and wouldn't even refer me for an MRI. Within 6 months of getting out I find out I have a disc that is completely gone and another one that is severely damaged.
    Yeah I had that happen to a friend of mine. He complained about back pain for over a month and saw them at least 1-2 a week. He was given the typical speech of "Here's some Motrin and take it easy". Over a month went by and he was having ever worsening back problems and he then forced the issue of going somewhere else, turns out he had herniated disc.

So take it easy in the retirement phase and watch your back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting...or by "crossfit" area do you mean an area with a variety of different machines? Like a weight room? That's what we used to call it.
    Nah it's an actual crossfit area. Ropes, tires, pull-up bars, white boards for the workout of the day, boxes for box jumps.