Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Idiots at the gym.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Idiots at the gym.

I would like to know the age requirement as well. I'll be 53 soon and while I don't consider myself to be too wrinkly/saggy I still might qualify however for the "Ol Nekkid Guy" privilege.
    Until then I am still using the DV locker room till they change the combo again and lock us retirees out...
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_KO View Post
    I would like to know the age requirement as well. I'll be 53 soon and while I don't consider myself to be too wrinkly/saggy I still might qualify however for the "Ol Nekkid Guy" privilege.
    Until then I am still using the DV locker room till they change the combo again and lock us retirees out...
    I'm not sure what the age/fatness/wrinkles ratios is, but if you find yourself standing nekkid in the locker room and seem to have lost track of time and/or forget you are nekkid, then you may have reached the turning point.
    Disclaimer: All names, dates and locations have been changed in order to protect the guilty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well, I still know what time it is and realize when I don't have clothes on so it appears I'm not ready yet for the next stage of retirement.:whistle
    I do tend to no longer be in a hurry to get anywhere though..
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I just gotta ask. Is anyone in this thread....

aware?
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I went to the gym last night and the New Year's resolution Army was there in force! Almost every machine was manned by an unhappy looking fatty or a scrawny dude with his face buried in his smartphone. I'm counting the days for these people to quit and give us our gym back!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    I went to the gym last night and the New Year's resolution Army was there in force! Almost every machine was manned by an unhappy looking fatty or a scrawny dude with his face buried in his smartphone. I'm counting the days for these people to quit and give us our gym back!
    There should be a required orientation class for everyone that starts working out after Jan 1st. It could include gym ettiquette and perhaps a basic fitness overview and even diet/nutrition. Many of the posts in this thread would be included in that class.
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giggawatt View Post
    I just gotta ask. Is anyone in this thread....

aware?
    You mean like self aware or is that some kind of sex thing?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    You mean like self aware or is that some kind of sex thing?
    If you have to ask, you're not aware.
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    Yes yes yes!!!! You don't want those unhappy looking fatties and scrawny dudes attempting to get in shape. Fuck that, the gym is for professionals only!!!!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBaze View Post
    Apparently when you reach a certain age it is perfectly acceptable and normal to not only walk around the locker room without clothes on, or even a towel for that matter, and strike up a conversation with other dudes getting changed. I guess when you reach a certain age you lose all your dignity, I wonder when the cutoff is so I know. This 60 year old guy was just hanging outside the shower stall reading a magazine completely naked, waiting on the other guy to be finished, and gives me a pleasant good morning greeting. Bless his heart, and boy do I love my off base gym.
    And usually they stand there with one leg up on the bench...