Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids being kids, or a hate crime??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Kids being kids, or a hate crime??

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Notice how the white victims tend to be hipsters and white collar types.
    In other words, people that the kids think won't or can't fight back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree. I think race makes them the target, but is not the motive. They're simply choosing victims based on the perceived likelihood of having to answer for their actions on the streets. Notice how the white victims tend to be hipsters and white collar types.
    I would say "dresses nicely" for the latter, I don't think the schoolteacher that was prominently featured in some videos going face down into a wall would typically be what one thinks of as "white collar", certainly wasn't dressed like a hipster!
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imnohero View Post
    If I were to guess, kids who do this a lot know how to profile their targets much like a serial rapist does. There's a very distinct possibility and occasional occurrences when the target was either armed or ready for a throw down. I'm guessing, self-preservation instincts do play a role in selection of targets at least for some.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If a group of white went and knocked out a black guy it's a hate crime. Turn the tables 180 and it's just assholes.

I heard one of these thugs actually got shot for playing the dumb game with the wrong person

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imnohero View Post
    Right...if it was white on white, it would be called bullying. If it was black on black, it would be called gang activity. If it was white on black, it would be called racism. It's black on white, so it's hard for the media to label. Either way, I agree with most others on here. It's not a hate crime ( I really dislike this term). It's a crime of opportunity. Now it could be a hate crime if they were actually "hunting down" whites to do this, but they aren't.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I continually see claims both in the media and on this forum that when white people are the victims of crime there is more attention paid.

Now...................we see the claim of the opposite. Because they are white there will be less consequences.

Isn't this just a bit disingenuous?

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm enjoying the article from Lansing Michigan where a victim shot the dumbass.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    If it was white on black, it would be called racism. It's black on white, so it's hard for the media to label.
    There ARE blacks who get charged and convicted of hate crimes. There was incident last week that happened about 15 minutes away from my house, where five blacks are being charged:

http://www.wavy.com/news/crime/sailo...empted-robbery
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

There ARE blacks who get charged and convicted of hate crimes. There was incident last week that happened about 15 minutes away from my house, where five blacks are being charged:

I know it happens, I'm just talking about the general perception. I, as I said, just think it's hard to label it as hate. Unfortunately, what kids doing things like this does is create more racism. If I'm a kid who gets randomly knocked out by a black guy, I'm gonna grow up not having a very good opinion. In fact, things like this do nothing but further the stereotype. It's a shame, really, that the people involved in stuff like this don't realize the long term affects it has on racial tensions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A why isn't it on Fox News, CNN, msnbc? Oh that's right, because the media doesn't like it when it's not white people being racists