Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I still wouldn't vote for the guy, but would you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I still wouldn't vote for the guy, but would you?

Apparently, Romney would have fared better if the elections were held in 2013? Do you agree or disagree?
    Polls favor Romney over Obama:
    http://rt.com/usa/obama-romney-aca-poll-984/
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: I still wouldn't vote for the guy, but would you?

If the elections were in 2013, I'm not sure Romney would have been the man on the ticket. I think this poll really just shows that the public isn't too thrilled with what has happened over the past year.
    When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Romney would have huge fodder over the " I promises" hmmm no sequestration, everyone keeps their healthcare if they want to and oh and that whole transparent administration thing... Not that he would have been better but the sheepole don't care anymore. We have raised the next generation to only care about themselves. Damm the deficit full speed ahead!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still vote for Obama. The poll is representative of the dissapointment that people have over the rollout of ACA mainly.
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would also vote for the President. You vote for the person who is most in line with your beliefs on the issues.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

I voted in 2012 more to keep Romney out than anything else. Ironically, out of all the GOP candidates, he was the second least of the evils after Huntsman.

Unless the GOP can shake off the Tea Party AND stop their voters from going Libertarian or... even to an actual "Tea Party" should they get shaken off by the GOP and start nominating their own separate candidates... the GOP is done for.

The GOP's best bet is to ditch the Southern Strategy and go back to its Lincoln to Eisenhower days.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch View Post
    Still vote for Obama. The poll is representative of the dissapointment that people have over the rollout of ACA mainly.
    Agreed. Most people remember the most recent disapointment rather than the past pleasure. The electorate can be fickle. "What have you done (or not done) for me lately?"

Quote Originally Posted by USAF-Controller View Post
    I would also vote for the President. You vote for the person who is most in line with your beliefs on the issues.
    Agreed. It is not realistic to think any candidate will have 100% of your beliefs, so you try to find what is most important and make a decision based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    I voted in 2012 more to keep Romney out than anything else. Ironically, out of all the GOP candidates, he was the second least of the evils after Huntsman.
    What was your impression of Cain?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Unless the GOP can shake off the Tea Party AND stop their voters from going Libertarian or... even to an actual "Tea Party" should they get shaken off by the GOP and start nominating their own separate candidates... the GOP is done for.

The GOP's best bet is to ditch the Southern Strategy and go back to its Lincoln to Eisenhower days.
    Agreed as well. As a (supposed*) Libertarian with conservative leanings, the Tea Party is the extremist type that people fear. At least they come across that way. That may not be their message, but that is how it appears to me.

* I took a few of those online "tests" which claim to give your political stance based on a series of questions. Overall, I think the questions are BS based on the limited answers.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    What was your impression of Cain?
    I consider him a tie with Newt Gingrich for being the worst. Newt was a teabagger. With Cain, that "999" was pure evil. I doubt he'd actually be able to pull that off anyway... which would probably force him to do a bunch of work-around that would screw things up worse. The 999 was so bad, that even Rick Perry - all of people - dug into Cain about how that shift the tax burden down to the poor.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I still would have voted for Romney. I personally always prefer an ex gov over a senator. Especially a senator who has never "earned" anything.
    Back in 08 I couldn't pull the lever for either of those clowns so I went 3rd party.

With Romney's increasing numbers, it's a case of buyers remorse for BHO. A lot of stuff has come out since the election making it look like things were purposely hidden or fabricated to hide how bad things were/are.
    You probably won't find that stuff watching Rachel Maddow.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 71Fish View Post
    I still would have voted for Romney. I personally always prefer an ex gov over a senator. Especially a senator who has never "earned" anything.
    Back in 08 I couldn't pull the lever for either of those clowns so I went 3rd party.
    ...did that always matter to you, or does it simply now in retrospect? Looking back in history, I really can't see any common characteristics among ex-governor presidents and ex-senator presidents that distinguish them from each other.

With Romney's increasing numbers, it's a case of buyers remorse for BHO.
    I doubt that. If you hate Obama now, you probably did LONG before Election Day of 2012.