Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I still wouldn't vote for the guy, but would you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: I still wouldn't vote for the guy, but would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    ...did that always matter to you, or does it simply now in retrospect? Looking back in history, I really can't see any common characteristics among ex-governor presidents and ex-senator presidents that distinguish them from each other.

I doubt that. If you hate Obama now, you probably did LONG before Election Day of 2012.
    Yes it has always mattered to me. At least as long as I have been voting.

If 52% (or thereabouts) voted for Obama, now 65%+ disapprove, that is buyers remorse. Same thing happened with Bush.

I may look more favorably on Obama as years go by, just like I do with Clinton. Even W's favorable rating is improving with time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

...did that always matter to you, or does it simply now in retrospect? Looking back in history, I really can't see any common characteristics among ex-governor presidents and ex-senator presidents that distinguish them from each other.

I doubt that. If you hate Obama now, you probably did LONG before Election Day of 2012.
    Hate !?!!? Where is the hate?

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 71Fish View Post
    If 52% (or thereabouts) voted for Obama, now 65%+ disapprove, that is buyers remorse. Same thing happened with Bush.
    The approval rate doesn't take into account whether or not the respondents even voted at all. As we all know, there are far many more people with opinions than there are who voted.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Hate !?!!? Where is the hate?
    Semantics. If you don't want me to use that word anymore, pick another one for me and I'll use it. Anything to get you off of my nuts about that.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Semantics. If you don't want me to use that word anymore, pick another one for me and I'll use it. Anything to get you off of my nuts about that.
    You don't know any other words?

EDIT: I had an epiphany............radical as this may seem..................use the actual words the poster uses in replying to same.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would still vote for Obama, unless Bernie Sanders was running.

Everybody is disappointed/angry/upset/insert word here about the ACA rollout, but it'll work itself out eventually. Patience is a virtue, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to agree with (just about everybody's) analysis that this is somewhat of a "What have you done for me lately" kind of statistic. Ideology aside for the moment, I see two major events that seem to reflect on the general opinion polls directed towards elected officials in our government. Obviously the ACA rollout is not reflecting well towards just about anyone with the 'D' in parantheses. The 'R' category is still trying to rebuild PR from the shutdown, despite what factually occurred, I would state that by a large margin Americans lay the blame square on the feet of Republicans and especially the Tea Party.

If I was to classify the state of politics in this day and age I would state that the results of elections are not very much affected by ideology nor results. Both of those items are fairly controversial when the former and the latter are analyzed. What does seem to drive the direction of the nation is effectively smart marketing. I think, holistically speaking at least, politicians have done a better job convincing us that we think we want the "products and services" they have to offer then we ever really wanted to begin with. Obviously, this doesn't apply comprehensively towards every individual, but I think many people are just so sick/tired/apathetic/ignorant of politics to begin with, that it just appears easier to just let the politicians and the media to tell us who to vote for. I also would be remiss to ignore the factor that campaign financing appears to play in the outcome of elections.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

The 47% comment cost Romney the election and Even though it hurt their feelings. People are coming to the realization that he was right and it's game over once more than 1/2 the population live off the state.

Couple that with perpetual stagnating wages and perpetual Trillion $ a year taxpayer backed, interest-free loans to enrich Wall street Oligarchs, Perpetual war for Perpetual peace ,30 Million more uninvited, Mexican babies to feed, NSA Stasi, Marxist Gun grabbing attempts, Polar bear Hunting, , etc. etc. and only a self-hating, delusional liberal idiot or a card carrying member of the Free Shit Army could still possibly think that the Reverend Doctor Barry Hussein Obama was the right choice even though Mitt probably wouldn't have been much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    The 47% comment cost Romney the election and Even though it hurt their feelings. People are coming to the realization that he was right and it's game over once more than 1/2 the population live off the state.

Couple that with perpetual stagnating wages and perpetual Trillion $ a year taxpayer backed, interest-free loans to enrich Wall street Oligarchs, Perpetual war for Perpetual peace ,30 Million more uninvited, Mexican babies to feed, NSA Stasi, Marxist Gun grabbing attempts, Polar bear Hunting, , etc. etc. and only a self-hating, delusional liberal idiot or a card carrying member of the Free Shit Army could still possibly think that the Reverend Doctor Barry Hussein Obama was the right choice even though Mitt probably wouldn't have been much better.
    That 47% weren't going to vote for Romney anyway, so I don't think it hurt him all that much.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post

TJ, if you ask me, I think Rainmaker is worse than WJ5. To be honest, I like WJ5. I actually miss the guy when he hasn't posted here for awhile. I could have a few drinks with WJ5 and argue with him all day and have a good time.

I can't say the same for Rainmaker. Right here, he's pointing out "30 million Mexican babies to feed," but if you call him out on it, he'll respond with emasculating language about being PC or people's feelings being hurt, etc. I'd like to hear him talk the same shit on the west side of San Antonio; and see if he doesn't get more than just his "feelings" hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by 71Fish View Post
    That 47% weren't going to vote for Romney anyway, so I don't think it hurt him all that much.
    I agree that the 47% speech neither help nor hurt him. If you agreed with him, you were going to vote for him anyway. If you disagreed with him, you weren't going to vote for him anyway.