Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Is the Chief position respectable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Is the Chief position respectable?

Bruwin providing sensible advice? That is good for a laugh :dance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ladies and Gentlemen: The irrepressible Chief B is back. All is finally right with these forums. Welcome Home Chief!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefB View Post
    Yeah, those spinless Chiefs are the worst, they never get around. :no:
    Gratitude is the cornerstone of happiness. It's all about noticing what's RIGHT in our lives instead of what's wrong!" MJ Ryan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eman_osan View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen: The irrepressible Chief B is back. All is finally right with these forums. Welcome Home Chief!!!!
    Thanks eman, I'm betting it's colder'n a well digger's arse where you are now. How do you like the big American facility build-up there since they introduced the accompanied tours in most of the ROK? Last time I was there was in '91 in Seoul (8th Army HQ) and also at Osan AB. Bought my last pair of Nike knock-offs and a nice watch (?) in the Itaewon area then sampled about three eateries and a few clubs on our last night there.

Had der frau with me and visited Panmunjom (back when the USA still owned the JSA) while we were there and had some free time. We liked the Itaewon area a lot, of course we imagine it has changed a lot now from the old ex-pat atmosphere of the day.
    ChiefB

It's the same in all wars, the very young and adventurous give up their lives for the old and cautious, and so the bluecollar for the privileged, the uneducated for the student, the poor for the well off, the patriot for the politician, and the few for the many.

TC6, C5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chief,
    Believe you me, when they said they were going to make Korea family friendly, they weren't kidding. They gave away command-sponsorships like a prize in a cracker jack box. The infrastructure became completely overwhelmed and services have suffered terribly. Certain expectations of a one-year tour to Osan (and Kunsan AB) have gone the way of the dodo bird. I won't say whether this is good or bad, but single servicemembers choices have should I say become somewhat limited. The Air Force finally got rid of the filipina juicies from around their AORs, so it's now an Army and Korean problem when it comes to what was being referred to as PHT. Camp Humphreys is growing larger and larger by the day and we might see relocation by 2020. I'll be long retired again. On a personal note, had a stent put in my heart back in November a week after my birthday and back a work a week later. I did the quadruple by-pass back in March 2011. Taking a licking and I'll keep on ticking and loving life. Still go out and have a beer with young airmen and soldiers from time-to-time. Weather hasn't been to bad this year, warmest NYE I've seen in over 20 years, but we know it's just a matter of time til it snows like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefB View Post
    Thanks eman, I'm betting it's colder'n a well digger's arse where you are now. How do you like the big American facility build-up there since they introduced the accompanied tours in most of the ROK? Last time I was there was in '91 in Seoul (8th Army HQ) and also at Osan AB. Bought my last pair of Nike knock-offs and a nice watch (?) in the Itaewon area then sampled about three eateries and a few clubs on our last night there.

Had der frau with me and visited Panmunjom (back when the USA still owned the JSA) while we were there and had some free time. We liked the Itaewon area a lot, of course we imagine it has changed a lot now from the old ex-pat atmosphere of the day.
    Gratitude is the cornerstone of happiness. It's all about noticing what's RIGHT in our lives instead of what's wrong!" MJ Ryan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chief,
    Believe you me, when they said they were going to make Korea family friendly, they weren't kidding. They gave away command-sponsorships like a prize in a cracker jack box. The infrastructure became completely overwhelmed and services have suffered terribly. Certain expectations of a one-year tour to Osan (and Kunsan AB) have gone the way of the dodo bird. I won't say whether this is good or bad, but single servicemembers choices have should I say become somewhat limited. The Air Force finally got rid of the filipina juicies from around their AORs, so it's now an Army and Korean problem when it comes to what was being referred to as PHT. Camp Humphreys is growing larger and larger by the day and we might see relocation by 2020. I'll be long retired again. On a personal note, had a stent put in my heart back in November a week after my birthday and back a work a week later. I did the quadruple by-pass back in March 2011. Taking a licking and I'll keep on ticking and loving life. Still go out and have a beer with young airmen and soldiers from time-to-time. Weather hasn't been to bad this year, warmest NYE I've seen in over 20 years, but we know it's just a matter of time til it snows like hell.
    No juicies? I was there pre-Russian invasion, but every bar in Songton was a juicy bar.
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chief,
    Thanks eman. Sounds like a tour to the ROK will be completely different than back in the day. With US interests in the Pacific region ramping up I'm guessing a ROK tour will be on a lot more radars.

Good to hear that you've been successfully patched up and doing so well.

Do you get to interface with any of the Chiefs out there? How are they handling the new "accompanied tour" atmosphere?
    ChiefB

It's the same in all wars, the very young and adventurous give up their lives for the old and cautious, and so the bluecollar for the privileged, the uneducated for the student, the poor for the well off, the patriot for the politician, and the few for the many.

TC6, C5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know a quite a few, but more CSMs since I work up in Seoul and don't frequent many places on Osan very often.