Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ...and Sheena was man.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Re: ...and Sheena was man.

Quote Originally Posted by OtisRNeedleman View Post
    Sure does. In the AAF (Adult Air Force) Jeff would have been chewed out and put in another job. In today's Air Force, where a Senator has caused a three-star to retire for just doing her job, Jeff has no chance. None whatsoever. If Jeff goes quietly he just might get to retire as a lieutenant colonel. He should put his papers in immediately. Anyway, for a single guy an O-5 pension isn't bad at all.
    WTF?

In the AAF they also used to chain smoke Lucky Strikes and slick their hair back with big gooey globs of pomade. They also didn't have mass communication and news media like we do today.

A lot of things have changed since those days and for the better in most instances.

You surely aren't in favor of giving this guy a pass, are you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    WTF?

In the AAF they also used to chain smoke Lucky Strikes and slick their hair back with big gooey globs of pomade. They also didn't have mass communication and news media like we do today.

A lot of things have changed since those days and for the better in most instances.

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you. That is the main problem with the AF when I retired and it seems to be getting worse now. PC Bullshit. He was found Not Guilty what is so hard to understand? I do believe he should be given a LOR for conduct on becoming. Drop his paperwork and retire. My big question is why hasn’t the so called victim been charged with perjury? She testified that she hit him 3 times. Witnesses say she hit him numerous times and hit him with a cell phone. To me that’s perjury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RetC141BFCC View Post
    I am sorry but I have to disagree with you. That is the main problem with the AF when I retired and it seems to be getting worse now. PC Bullshit. He was found Not Guilty what is so hard to understand? I do believe he should be given a LOR for conduct on becoming. Drop his paperwork and retire. My big question is why hasn’t the so called victim been charged with perjury? She testified that she hit him 3 times. Witnesses say she hit him numerous times and hit him with a cell phone. To me that’s perjury.
    To her she might remember it as that. You have no clue what kind of mental state she was in and wasnt thinking clearly. She may have lied on purpose but I could see it if she didnt lie on purpose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raider8169 View Post
    To her she might remember it as that. You have no clue what kind of mental state she was in and wasnt thinking clearly. She may have lied on purpose but I could see it if she didnt lie on purpose.
    Ok I will have to agree with you on that one. But it does not changed the fact that he was found not guilty. He needs to drop his paperwork and retire the day he has 20 years in and not be a pawn in the PC game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    WTF?

Depends what you call a "pass", I'd say. Chewing him out and transferring him to another job isn't a pass. Jeff would understand another screwup means the end of his career for sure. As it is, he would never make O-6.

In the AAF, which lasted into the 90's, everyone wasn't tried in the media before their day in court. And there was plenty of mass communication then - newspapers, TV, radio, magazines, and the budding Internet.

Agree many things have changed over the years, but not always for the better. The AAF generally treated people like professionals and adults, and people generally performed like professionals and adults. When you had a problem you couldn't handle on your own, you let someone know and help was available. Today's AF is infantilizing the force... "resiliency", "wingmen", etc. In the AAF, resiliency was a given. Adults don't need "wingmen" unless they are fighter pilots flying in a formation.

The AAF, while certainly cognizant of and responsive to civilian authority, didn't run scared like today's AF. We've seen some old biddy in Congress run off a three-star general for doing her job. Did the CSAF stand up for Lt Gen Helms? Don't know.

Speaking of smoking, the AAF took measures to limit where people could smoke. I liked that, being a non-smoker myself.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OtisRNeedleman View Post
    Depends what you call a "pass", I'd say. Chewing him out and transferring him to another job isn't a pass. Jeff would understand another screwup means the end of his career for sure. As it is, he would never make O-6.

In the AAF, which lasted into the 90's, everyone wasn't tried in the media before their day in court. And there was plenty of mass communication then - newspapers, TV, radio, magazines, and the budding Internet.

Agree many things have changed over the years, but not always for the better. The AAF generally treated people like professionals and adults, and people generally performed like professionals and adults. When you had a problem you couldn't handle on your own, you let someone know and help was available. Today's AF is infantilizing the force... "resiliency", "wingmen", etc. In the AAF, resiliency was a given. Adults don't need "wingmen" unless they are fighter pilots flying in a formation.

The AAF, while certainly cognizant of and responsive to civilian authority, didn't run scared like today's AF. We've seen some old biddy in Congress run off a three-star general for doing her job. Did the CSAF stand up for Lt Gen Helms? Don't know.

Speaking of smoking, the AAF took measures to limit where people could smoke. I liked that, being a non-smoker myself.
    Oh my goodness! If that isn't a free pass, I don't know what is. I don't think Jeff should be prosecuted for the same offense of assault, but he should be prosecuted for drunk and disorderly and/or conduct unbecoming. For a field grade officer this should be a career ender.

As for reduction in rank, I can't really say, perhaps not? I can say that I would not want the man to have the privilege to be in command of our young troops after this.

Otis, my friend, you are truly cracking me up on this one.

As for my remarks on Lucky Strikes and pomade, you realize I was making a joke about your use of AAF (Adult Air Force) versus the AAF (Army Air Force) of the 1940s.

Regardless, my point was perhaps you are looking through the lens of nostalgia?

The "good old days" weren't always so good; there were problems and tremendous quantities of bullshit back in the day, just as there are today.

I think our society (at large) has made some great progress in the past 60 years; we are much more open about our short comings and we have a tremendous amount of information at our fingertips.

True, we are still the same fragile and fallible human beings that we have always been, and when we conquer one problem another seems to pop up in its place.

As for political correctness, that crap has always been around too; the face of it just changes from decade to decade; we've always used language to manipulate each other's values and emotions.

We just do it on a mass and near instantaneous scale these days.

Call me crazy, but I see reason to be optimistic about the future, not just for the Air Force, but for society.

PS

What's wrong with encouraging our young people to look out for each other. There is nothing wrong with having a wingman in the barracks. You don't have to be a fighter jock to help out the people around you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well today were under much more of a spotlight and the lt col....and sheena was a man....BBBBWWWAAAAHHAHAHAHAH....

I'm sorry, what was I saying?
    Newton's First Law of Motion