Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 66

Thread: You Can Keep Your Healthcare?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Beale AFB
    Posts
    108
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You Can Keep Your Healthcare?

    I think the ACA is a good law and most of you are so far to the right you will never admit it. Your bias and hate for president Obama is so great that if he says the sky is blue you'll call him a liar.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You Can Keep Your Healthcare?

    Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    Nobody. Not even the people pushing it. Just another way for people to give themselves another pat on the back because they can say they gave everyone "healthcare", no matter how bad it is.
    The old saying goes, Socialism is for the people, not the socialist.

    It doesnt work for any where in the world, unless "working" means that everyone is dragged down and put in extremely long waiting periods for a doctors visit, 40% higher chance of dying in a Hospital, or an economic burden on the private sector to tax enough to pay for the services, then yeah, its great. But in all actuality, the vilification of the rich as a reason to tax them to provide everyone else health insurance is a fable as well. They will never be truly affected by a single payer system because they will still have their own private doctors, as will the politicians, to which they will still be treated as needed. These will be the only doctors that will be able to pay off their student loans by the way, and be able to provide their kids with the ability to follow in their parents footsteps. The next arostocracy will be born.
    Liberalism; such great ideas, they need to force you to follow them.

    Socialism is for the people, not the socialist.

    Economic Left/Right: 7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
    politicalcompass.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You Can Keep Your Healthcare?

    Quote Originally Posted by USAF-Controller View Post
    I think the ACA is a good law and most of you are so far to the right you will never admit it. Your bias and hate for president Obama is so great that if he says the sky is blue you'll call him a liar.
    And how do you measure the ACA as a good law?

    I think your assumption that people would call him a liar even for saying the sky was blue is pretty hyperbolic. They call him a liar because of everything else he has lied about. One truth out of hundreds of lies does not make him an honest man.
    Liberalism; such great ideas, they need to force you to follow them.

    Socialism is for the people, not the socialist.

    Economic Left/Right: 7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
    politicalcompass.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #24
    Senior Member grimreaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    4th Dimension
    Posts
    753
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You Can Keep Your Healthcare?

    Quote Originally Posted by USAF-Controller View Post
    I think the ACA is a good law and most of you are so far to the right you will never admit it. Your bias and hate for president Obama is so great that if he says the sky is blue you'll call him a liar.
    Actually, I call him a liar because he lied about the ACA. That is a fact.


  5. #25
    Senior Member grimreaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    4th Dimension
    Posts
    753
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You Can Keep Your Healthcare?

    Quote Originally Posted by USAF-Controller View Post
    I think the ACA is a good law and most of you are so far to the right you will never admit it. Your bias and hate for president Obama is so great that if he says the sky is blue you'll call him a liar.
    Even Democrats are calling him out. It would be nice if you could actually be honest too. Problem is that you've spent so much time defending it, your own ego won't allow you to admit when you are wrong.


  6. #26
    Senior Member USN - Retired's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Posts
    702
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: You Can Keep Your Healthcare?

    What was the problem with "death panels", i.e. a panel of bureaucrats who would decide whether a person is "worthy of medical care"? (and I am serious about this) More medical care should be given to a person who takes good care of himself or herself, e.g. maintain a healthy weight, exercise often, eat healthy food, no smoking, no drinking alcohol, no illegal drugs, etc. Less medical care should be given to a person who does not take good care of himself or herself. Death panels would give people an incentive to live a healthy life. I don't see any purpose served by giving a liver transplant to a meth user . Socialized medicine would be workable if we had death panels. The name "death panel" is too dramatic, but the idea is good and solid.
    (and I am serious about this)

  7. #27
    Newbie - (Restricted)
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Idiot world
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You Can Keep Your Healthcare?

    Quote Originally Posted by WILDJOKER5 View Post
    Why is that? So we can pay for more stuff we dont want or need? How does a single payer system equate to better prices or service? What typically happens in a monopoly? How well does social security work as a single payer system?
    We (people) do indeed need health care. Why should Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross, or any other health insurance provider profit on my or your health?

    Single payer would mean that if you are currently uninsured and cannot afford healthcare, you could see a doctor for free. If you want to pay for better coverage or more personal care, go for it. Single payer would drive down the costs that are currently associated with healthcare coverage. Companies wouldn't need to try to recoup costs from the paying customer because the uninsured wouldn't be on their dime anymore.

    I think social security works great. Hell, Ron Paul accepts it, so it can't be that bad...

  8. #28
    Senior Member USN - Retired's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Posts
    702
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: You Can Keep Your Healthcare?

    Quote Originally Posted by AFcynic View Post
    Single payer would mean that if you are currently uninsured and cannot afford healthcare, you could see a doctor for free.
    As long as we have "death panels", then I will agree with you.

  9. #29
    Senior Member grimreaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    4th Dimension
    Posts
    753
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You Can Keep Your Healthcare?

    Quote Originally Posted by AFcynic View Post
    We (people) do indeed need health care. Why should Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross, or any other health insurance provider profit on my or your health?

    Single payer would mean that if you are currently uninsured and cannot afford healthcare, you could see a doctor for free. If you want to pay for better coverage or more personal care, go for it. Single payer would drive down the costs that are currently associated with healthcare coverage. Companies wouldn't need to try to recoup costs from the paying customer because the uninsured wouldn't be on their dime anymore.

    I think social security works great. Hell, Ron Paul accepts it, so it can't be that bad...
    Now explain how we pay for it. Remember, Obama already said he wouldn't sign a healthcare bill that adds a dime to the deficit (even though that promise was already broken).

    The problem with the ACA, and single payer for that matter, is that it does NOTHING to reduce the cost of healthcare. Cutting the amount that doctors and hospitals are paid to treat Medicare/Obamacare patients only accelerates the rise in prices and the decline in doctors that will even accept it.

  10. #30
    Newbie - (Restricted)
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Idiot world
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You Can Keep Your Healthcare?

    @ USN - Retired - I'm at that awkward stage where I'm not sure if you're serious, or if you're trying to poke fun or make a bigger statement.

    I mean, technically, if Old Man Jenkins is dying of XXX illness, the doctors always give you the "We've done everything we can..." speech before he's put into hospice care. So "death panels" already exist. Kinda...

    Either way - Hunger Games is opening on the 22nd.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •