Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two admirals face probe in Navy bribery scheme

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Two admirals face probe in Navy bribery scheme

Well, I'll see your fake poker chips and clubbing a Disney employee with a PVC pipe and raise you this! It wasn't espionage, it was just good old fashioned greed. Will this guy get thrown under the bus (or boat) OR, will the big brass circle the wagons (and fleet) around "their boy" (as in Kip Wilson AFRICOM debacle)?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/11...ribery-scheme/
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Two admirals face probe in Navy bribery scheme

So two more rogue seafarers may end up having to walk the plank. I hope that when the good Vice Admiral was the CO of the USS Nimitz he was sharing his hornswaggled, ill-gotten BOOTY with his crew. If he was sharing, then I am sure the morale of his shipmates was extremely high during his tenure as CO of USS Nimitz and its ensuing "ports-of-call" tour of Asia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seems like Navy leadership is trying to out embarass Air Force and Army leadership.
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch View Post
    Seems like Navy leadership is trying to out embarass Air Force and Army leadership.
    Well, squids are known to be a little more spirited.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Well, squids are known to be a little more spirited.
    Interesting that there are reports that there may be more officers implicated. I am surprised to see these high level officers involved, and working in the intelligence field. I wonder exactly how they became compromised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BURAWSKI View Post
    Interesting that there are reports that there may be more officers implicated. I am surprised to see these high level officers involved, and working in the intelligence field. I wonder exactly how they became compromised.
    And does anyone wonder why this nation is TARFU, and fast approaching FUBAR.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BURAWSKI View Post
    ... and working in the intelligence field. I wonder exactly how they became compromised ...
    It is pretty sad indeed that it would be anyone getting caught up in this. From what I read the investigation is looking at activity that took place before either of them were flags. Only one is an intelligence officer though. VADM Branch is an aviator who currently is the Deputy CNO for the IDC / Intel; He has never had an intelligence job before. RDML Loveless is the career intel officer. I am not sure if their career paths crossed earlier (at the time of the actitivity being investigted) or it is just coincidence that both are connected to the intelligence community now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Greed is nothing new.

Rear Admiral W.L. Erdmann, upon retiring from the Navy in 1960, smuggled 42 cases of duty free whiskey from his last (overseas) posting in his HHG. He was caught, indicted, plead guilty and fined $15,000 but got to keep his retirement. That's over $118k in today's money.

Anyhow, corruption and abuse of authority have been around for a while. I'm sure there are much older cases to, this just caught my eye.

Found a link with a period newspaper article if anyone is interested. It was 504 bottles and the tipster was an enlisted man....

http://fultonhistory.com/newspaper%2...20-%206626.pdf
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@technomage1 +1, good find.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Concur - greed is nothing new, nor are the ways it is satisfied.

What I am wondering now is how far back in time this will go, and how many retired senior officers are going to be found culpable with regard to their dealings with this company.