Thread: Anyone following the Jonathan Martin case?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone following the Jonathan Martin case?

Is anyone here following the case of Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Jonathan Martin. I've been following it very closely and find it very interest. It has so many layers, bullying, race, gang culture, high school mentality, workplace issues.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about:
    But what a source told FOX Sports was an abusive environment that developed during Martin's 1 1/2 seasons with the Dolphins led to him taking a personal leave of absence to spend time with his family.

Martin left Dolphins headquarters on Monday when finally reaching his limit with the persistent bullying and teasing from some teammates that has plagued him since joining Miami as a 2012 second-round draft choice. As first reported by FOX Sports NFL insider Jay Glazer, the latest taunt – a group of players stood up and left when he tried joining them for lunch – led to Martin getting up himself and walking out the door.
    Link to article: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/m...ammates-103113

Many more details have come out since the initial reports. The most interest aspect of this case I find it to be that many people think that Martin was wrong in this case. I mean if I were in his shoes I probably do the same thing.
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Anyone following the Jonathan Martin case?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch View Post
    Is anyone here following the case of Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Jonathan Martin. I've been following it very closely and find it very interest. It has so many layers, bullying, race, gang culture, high school mentality, workplace issues.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about:

Link to article: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/m...ammates-103113

Many more details have come out since the initial reports. The most interest aspect of this case I find it to be that many people think that Martin was wrong in this case. I mean if I were in his shoes I probably do the same thing.
    Vaguely, I take a fairly "neutral" stance on this. There are two sides to every story and I really don't know the context of the specifics well enough to form an opinion. Many teammates seem to be lining up against Martin, which could indicate many different types of things.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Anyone following the Jonathan Martin case?

I sort of followed it when it first hit the news this week. I was all done when I saw the texts and transcripts of voicemails left on Martins phone. Maybe football culture is the "get up from the table" sort of immaturity, but this sort of thing: http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2..._teammate.html

Not OK, I don't need to be on Martin's side to know that what's-his-name was out of line.