Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ramstein AB, Germany

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Ramstein AB, Germany

512 FS (F-16s) 88-92. I miss that place!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just passed through, but I enjoyed the area when I had a layover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I had 24 hours at Ramstein, I would rent a car and leave. (Never liked that place when I visited from Spang, too many Americans). I'd go toward the Mosel and Trier, or Bernkastel-Kues, or to Rothenburg ab der Tauber. I'd try to get a good Doner Kebap mit pommes, and an evening meal at a Gasthaus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pascha's in Koln.

"Thats most of America....we work ourselves to death, literally - Michaep"

"Not this American. I plan on leisuring myself to death. - Shrike"

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TREYSLEDGE View Post
    If I had 24 hours at Ramstein, I would rent a car and leave. (Never liked that place when I visited from Spang, too many Americans). I'd go toward the Mosel and Trier, or Bernkastel-Kues, or to Rothenburg ab der Tauber. I'd try to get a good Doner Kebap mit pommes, and an evening meal at a Gasthaus.
    That's where everyone from Spangdahlem ends up anyways. I took my girlfriend to Trier the other weekend, and every third person visiting was speaking American. If you really wanna get away from all the Ami, you need to go some place like Aachen or Dusseldorf. There's just as much to do there but without the depend-o-potamus and her little thug-rats terrorizing the locals in her BIT plate mini-van.
    "Thats most of America....we work ourselves to death, literally - Michaep"

"Not this American. I plan on leisuring myself to death. - Shrike"

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE666 View Post
    There's just as much to do there but without the depend-o-potamus and her little thug-rats terrorizing the locals in her BIT plate mini-van.
    When I was in Germany, unless you lived off base depend-o-potsus' and off-spring never left the confines of base housing and the commissary dessert aisle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The "Passion Play" at Oberammergau or skiing at Grindlewald (Youngfrau), Switzerland. Depending on time of year, of course. Dinner in Helmond, Netherlands. Oh yeah and throw in a Porsche 911S for transportation.
    ChiefB

It's the same in all wars, the very young and adventurous give up their lives for the old and cautious, and so the bluecollar for the privileged, the uneducated for the student, the poor for the well off, the patriot for the politician, and the few for the many.

TC6, C5